Witch Hunt

Witch Hunt

A Story by CoffeeVampier
"

Salem

"

The officer threw me through the prison door, my dress ripped as I lay helpless in the hay. It was cold and the hay smelled of mold, awful the smell was. I cannot believe fathom that they keep people in here. After all you’d think there would be something wrongwill living in filth? There is probably a reason for bathing…

 The filth and the smell was enough to drive someone insane and completely mad. At this point the town’s people might be thinking of sending me to hell, little do they know they already have. I turned up my nose.

 I was prepared I knew this would be my fate. It was only a matter of time before I slipped and they found out. I knew it was wrong, I should have kept my mouth shut, but they wouldn't leave me alone. I can only imagine what these people will do to me. It is not like anyone was harmed. I will most likely be burned to a thrown in a river; or have a hole drilled into my head to “release the demons”.

 A fever had swept through the town leaving few dead and many weak. Those that die tend to find me, this time it was too much for me to handle. I lost control. They think I'm mad or worse possessed. Mother claimed the fever had gotten to me but I knew otherwise. This was my destiny; I knew it would happen sooner than later. First my father died then Emily and now me. My mother will be left alone. The poor thing, she won’t have anyone else to take care of her or to love her. My sister just died and I don't think she will be able to handle it.

I curled up into a ball and rested my head on my arm, I didn’t trust that hay.

 

~*~

 

Minutes turned into hours, hours felt like years. Finally they threw me a plate of stale bread and some cheese. I scrambled from up off the floor and crawled to what little food they had left me. I cannot remember if I had done this before, if felt like a dream. I had been lying in my hay for who knows how long. My hay, not the hay they through me in but mine, this was home. It was evident that I was a prisoner and this was my own personal hell. Dirt clung to me as I began to eat, I could taste it as I chew the food. My once beautiful blond hair was now tangled; I had not felt anything for days, at least emotionally. As soon as I realized this I began to cry, just end it now I begged in a whisper as the tears rolled down my face. I couldn’t finish eating the little food they gave me; I just sat back and cry till I fell asleep.

~*~

 

 

The dungeon door flung open, a flood of light came pouring in. 
“Get up.” The man ordered.

I did what I was told.

He then cuffed me and lead me out the front door, my feel were cold on the stone floor. I kept my head down; I can’t remember the sun being this bright. As I kept my eyes down I kept my ears open outside in the courtyard I could hear the riot.

“She’s possessed”

            “Throw her in the lake”

            I searched for my mother praying she did have to see this, but there she was in the front. Sorrow didn’t cross her face, nor fear but pity. Pity! How could she! How dare her!  Then I looked to her left to see the towns’ sheriff close to her side telling her everything will work out.

            They had me stand by a stake at the edge of a lake, it was freezing that morning but I could see where this was going.  They had me stand in front of the crowd. Yelling and throwing their hands in the air.
“Burn her! Burn Her!” they chanted
The sheriff stood in front of me “She was said to have spoken to our dear loved ones that have passed on.”
            “Witch! Witch!” a few chanted.
Some of the mothers broke down in tears. My mother however, wasn’t one of them. 
            “Is she guilty or afflicted?” the sheriff shouted”

A murmur set in the crowd then a young man shouted “Guilty!” others joined in. 
“Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!”
“What should we do to her?” the sheriff questioned. 
“Burn her!” they shouted.
“So it is!”
he walked up and whispered in ear “ We’re going to burn the likes of you just like your father, any last words?”
Just like my father? This is how he died!  Anger filled up with in me and I spit in the sheriffs face, he slapped me across mine.
          “B***h.” He sputtered. 
At this point I was livid! This b*****d had clearly not only convinced the people I was mad but my mother as well. So it was decided, they will all die.

I flashed my eyes to the congregation

“Burn me if you must but once you do an exact year from now I  predict a fire to wipe out the village, but mother dear you won’t feel a thing because you are clearly to naive to understand what’s going on.”

The sheriff “silly girl, play times over.”
He motioned to one of his minions to tie me up; I didn’t fight as they broke my wrist from ruthless strength. I didn’t even flinch. I just glared. As the heat got to me all I could to was scream from agony although last thing I remember seeing was my mother. The poor thing, she had no idea that I had just stolen all her emotions just like the town had done to me, they will all suffer. Minutes fading into hours, hours into days and soon into a year. 

 A year later the town went up into flames from a wild fire. Some who were out of town that day said it was coincidence others kept in fear for their lives. There was no denying it, what I had predicted had come true. So before you judge a witch or anyone for that matter and damn them and their soul, be prepared to live your sentence.

© 2016 CoffeeVampier


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on July 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 12, 2016
Tags: death, angels, demon, demons, horror, God, Satan, hell, heaven, love, romance, hate, witch, craft, magic

Author

CoffeeVampier
CoffeeVampier

Cedar City , UT



About
Poet by trade master craftier at heart. Sinner and loser as a dark masked heart. Poetry by bleed and sun kills, walker preferred at night. A song writer in skill and a dancer on stage. Skorry by laugh.. more..

Writing
Lonely Lonely

A Poem by CoffeeVampier





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114