The Parable Of two Men

The Parable Of two Men

A Story by CoffeeVampier

 


The Man on the Left

 

 

Two men sat in a room across from each other at a table staring into the others eyes, then glancing away to determine their fate. A stale sound rang through the otherwise empty room only the noise to be heard was the inhaling and exhaling from the existence of life. In the center of the table a glass of wine stood motionless, being examined from half shut eyes in blinding white light. Hands twitched necks a drip, sweat pouring down their chests breaths becoming heavy. Tension would have filled the room if the dead space had not swallowed it whole. In this room there was no way of entrance or exit, both men could not remember a time before that moment in time. The two only knew of this room where they sat staring at a poisoned cup. How they knew it was poisoned mattered not in the madness of what they prayed was a dream they just knew there was no escaping unless through death. Finally The Man on the Left lifted his hand as did The Man on the Right.  The two knew death was the only way out, ending in a race to see who would be brave and quick enough to make their exit. The Man on the Right was swift but not as quick as The Man on the Left who had been first to snatch the cup up. The Man on the Left slipped the wine down his throat before The Man on the Right had time to react and take it from him. The Man on the left drank through shut eyes as the liquid raced down his throat. Once finished drinking he laid the glass down exactly where he had picked it up from. The two men smirked at each other for the other knew who had own. The Man on the Left had been victorious, or so he thought. Both men started foaming at the mouth and in unison started to choke. In attempt to look the Man on the Right in the eye The Man on the Left knocked the table causing the one glass to tip over and fall. In his last moments lying on the floor he realized he had been staring into a mirror at his own reflection. The large mirror hid the door that was clearly marked as an exit. His perception and understanding of his world had deceived him for he never questions his life or his surroundings which ultimately lead to his death.

© 2016 CoffeeVampier


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You really, really, really pulled me in to this! It was suspenseful and surprising. I love it.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Added on July 13, 2016
Last Updated on July 13, 2016
Tags: death, angels, demon, demons, horror, God, Satan, hell, heaven, love, romance, hate, witch, craft, magic

Author

CoffeeVampier
CoffeeVampier

Cedar City , UT



About
Poet by trade master craftier at heart. Sinner and loser as a dark masked heart. Poetry by bleed and sun kills, walker preferred at night. A song writer in skill and a dancer on stage. Skorry by laugh.. more..

Writing
Lonely Lonely

A Poem by CoffeeVampier