My generation

My generation

A Poem by Stef

I’ve seen the best minds of my generation...
Fail,
fail to visualize the truth hidden in the gleaming eyes of corporate beasts, snarling at the thought of an uprising amongst employees, struggle to snuff out independent thinking, inevitably becomes the targeted individualists..
Yet,
yet crooked team leaders destroy the spirit of a prideful child, creatures built from tyrant owners, slaves to learning the values of a false mutual respect. Hazardous conditions for the emotionally drained life of a candle..
Crispy,
crispy both ends from top to bottom, low class associate, halted in the thought of hopeful circumstances, uncertainty ringing in a new era of suffering, confessions of tired hands, hopeless in the pursuit of existence..
Zombie,
zombie blue collar middle class, dictated by corporate expectation, it’s sown deep into the fibers of our identities, all helpless sheep forced into a crawling run, praying to meet each quota built far too steep processed further into the machine of greed.
Chomping,
chomping the integrity of prisoners, consuming opposition swallowing joy feeding it through the chain of command, every day met with an internal fight to understand the meaning of hard work, unconnected to systematic abuse, in turn altered as the byproduct of fearing change..
Reality,
Reality greeted with false images of happiness, nestled between the breast of our mothers, suckling life into the souls of the damned, transmitting knowledge so powerful, for one to ignore would be catastrophic.
I’ve seen the best minds of my generation struggle…
struggle,
Sweet girl at heart, lacking thick skin against the inhumane treatment created by other humans, working everlong, fighting for the education that which shall break future generations free, restraints demolished in the enlightened class of working equality.
Negative,
negative authorities strengthened by ignorance, submerged in conformists narcissism on societal normalcy, drowning in time hour after hour dispersed, gone to arguments forged by non-intellectual swine that envy wisdom acquired.
Fools,
Fools to believe in the progress of time, laughter interrupting false sirens of success, cooperate beasts chuckle their way to the bank, depositing our debt to knowledge unbound, thousands on ambition missing in the action of hard work, testing our sheepish minds.
Relentless..
relentless is the cycle of evil profit, achieved from sucking the juice of American sweat,
all seeds in the system of human farming, captured in the matrix of social animals, starving for connection in the cold adult world.
I’ve seen the best minds of my generation forget their dreams..
Dreams,
a generation stranded between X and Z, technological overload pursues, children's dreams circulating around mother's phone, her breast no longer nurturing to infants distracted, knowledge at disposal in the implied world of cyberspace.
Hesitant..
hesitant but encouraged forward into the uninspired abyss, confounded in the acknowledgement of an unoriginal life, trials of a youth bound in mankind's deficit, technological movement of empty vessels in the speed of light.
Unnecessary
unnecessary mathematical knowledge saturated in truth, calculators conduct official equations to solve ignorant problems, individuals less dependent on self sufficiency multiplied in trust viewed in the screens of undetected propaganda.
Eyes..
eyes fixated in the grid of social media, books long forgotten on the dusty shelves of decaying institutions, tools at a fingers touch simplifying the answers to life organized in the palm of an undead nation.
Focus promised to next built gadgets, sold through corporate advertisement, spellbound middle class teens selecting material items as souls are auctioned in manufacturing factories across third world bodies.
Hushed..
hushed facts drained in the lies of social injustice, speculation of tampered news filling Americans living rooms, electronic transmission of belief spread to ears of an unnotified public, brainwashed into living an ordinary life.
I’ve seen the best mind of my generation waste..
Waste,
a youth dedicated to party in lustful inclinations, alcohol splashed upon the lips of brilliant minds dulling voices buried six feet under, the eternal casket of society rotting with the justification of party favors, obscured intentions broken in a moonless night.
Friends..
friends no longer coherently connected, symbolic spirits summoned to complete the puzzle of another, pressure to abide by peer standards notwithstanding an offer of malicious intentions in the form of endorphin enhancement.
Delusion..
delusion defying the moment in present, a youth once inspired to achieve what was limitless, vanished in the wrong guarantee of tomorrow, promises shattered by the individualist spirit, preaching to unrecoverable angels in lands scorching from fire.
Listen..
listen to the stories of negligence, quiet in the moment of confusion splintered from the haze of genuine deceit, enjoyment displayed in the savage beer guzzling ways, captioned as a typical tuesday night, emergency spirling in the sound of distress.
One..
one comment massacring the castle in the air, crushing villagers beneath the levers of confidence, uncoincidental tone of disgust spewing from the chops of intrusive signals,
unavoidable sorrow for the only night out in years.
I’ve seen the best minds of my generation cry,
Cry..
insecurity shredded into tiny bits of sanity, beauty enhancers blasted into unconscious minds searching for a connection, longing to become the ideal form of social perfectionism, beige grease covering the scars of growth.
Bully,
bully awaiting in the shadows of criticism, spying on young girls splattered with a unique identification, intensifying attention drawn as she nears, tripped in chucks as books rain, echoing thuds of pleasure through his ears.
Devastation..
devastation replies in the heated entity clutched in the remembered past, sorry tomorrow's just a vision of a day gone askew collapsing the scene of an angry attacker, enclosed in a soundless film repeated to remind her of the defeat.
Innocents..
innocents stolen in the blurred memory of a beautiful child, crouched upon the floor lifelessly degraded in the very form, snatched from an enchanted world forced to attend a hearing, small voiced toddler sentenced to suffer.
Drowning,
drowning empathy for both girls as the mirror reflects the eyes of a survivor, his face haunting her REM clouds riding the waves of crisp air, ciphered out of lungs fried by each cigarette burned, settling into the recollection of evil.
Still..
still unable to come forth to peers as a girl who was once a victim, as they are terrified to accomplish the same, 2015 however all remain silent in the injustice swarming in debates of honesty or practical coverups.
Body..
body shaming in criminalistic ways, based on a purity torn by a ravaged demon, encouraging the easy recovery of what had truly been lost in a moment's span, torn back to bullies preying on the already aged girl.
I’ve seen the best minds of my generation..
I’ve seen the best minds of my generation ignore the change that previous torch holders left incomplete, setup to fail in a world full of real hate incorporated into everyday glowing with dim light, unanswered prayers unspoken to listening ears.
Corporate..
corporate injustice still consuming bodies from the shallow pools of loyalty, employees held accountable by their number of credit, below five hundred is triggered death, above five hundred is a working stiff inclined to pay bills endlessly.
Cycle..
cycle of debt mocking educated minds holding hands full of statements, intelligent life questioning the frame of time till payment transferred, frozen in attempts to escape the harmful destiny, handcuffed and joyless in the fruits of necessary labor.
Day..
day to day living is not for the weak, requiring a taste for the mundane mixed into a bowl of self questioning stew, branded in effortless challenges each fate delivers, signal intercepted by technological robots, swallowing another beer for comfort.
Party,
party in an underworld where nothing dies, youth of america fixated on remaining ageless forever, palms up to capture deadly suggestions enticed by peers performing real teen specials, unchained from future endeavours.
Memories..
memories still fresh in halls of fame, each one bottled inside a nerve struck in vain, young people harming the unique as upcoming bosses prepare to intimidate the same, women trapped in silence as equality continuously fades.
Unfair,
is the cloth that creation weaves, handed down to each branch of beings, too powerless to argue against the wrongly appointed guardians, struggle from every walk of life recorded in the history of their generations, accepting their inadequacies as our own, death counting down till it’s time to go.
I’ve seen the end of my generation

© 2018 Stef


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on August 25, 2018
Last Updated on August 25, 2018

Author

Stef
Stef

Aurora, CO



About
I'm a writer in a world consumed by television and technology. more..

Writing
False love False love

A Poem by Stef


Untitled. Untitled.

A Poem by Stef


Untitled. Untitled.

A Poem by Stef