There Were No Bite Marks

There Were No Bite Marks

A Story by ErithVert
"

“But the water...It is purple....”

"

           

            “I like you too… But I don’t like bugs.” Angela said looking at Rob's shiny watch. And she did like Rob. But there was something strange about him. Not just because he was an entomologist. His hands, fingernails, hair, car, were all so clean. Ridiculously clean.

            “That is okay, you don’t have to. That’s my job.” Rob placed his arms around her and they kissed. “I will see you tomorrow at Neil’s.”

            “Okay,” she smiled and walked up the steps to her town home. Angela pulled her keys out of her purse, unlocked the front door and gave Rob one last wave before stepping inside. When she flipped the light switch and the bulb burned out. Angela sighed and moved to the nearest lamp. The switch was located in a strange place. Before she could find it, the lights in the room came on. Startled, Angela gasped and looked up to see her mother standing at the foot of the stairs.

            “Oh mom,” she sighed.

            “Are you alright?”

            “You scared me, did I wake you?” Angela took a cigarette from her purse and lit it.

            “No, I was awake. I have the worst headache.” Her mother walked into the kitchen and took an aspirin from her purse. Angela looked over and gasped.

            “Mom, what are you drinking?” Her mother’s mouth was a blackish, purple color; the same color as the foul smelling liquid in the glass she was carrying.

            “Water.”

            “That is not water!” Angela grabbed the glass from her mother and dumped it in the sink. With a clean glass, she turned on the water faucet and then screamed. The foul smelling liquid was coming from the faucet.It smelt like rotten chicken.

            “Why are you screaming?” Her mother asked, her mouth still dark purple.

            “Do you see what is coming out of the faucet? This is disgusting!"

            “Angela, this just water.” She said, splashing her hand in it. The purple liquid splattered all over her cream robe. “Water.” Her mother said again before she filled up the glass and took a sip.

            “Mom, don’t drink that!” Angela tried to grab the glass from her mother.

            “Stop,” she took another drink from the glass. Disturbed, Angela ran to the bathroom and checked that sink, the same gross liquid. It was in the toilet and shower too.

            “How long has it been this way?” She yelled. Her mom walked into the bathroom.

            “What are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with the water. I am tired...” Angela ran back into the living room and grabbed her purse.

            “Mom, we should go. I don’t know what you were drinking but that is not water. We should go find out what is wrong with our plumbing.” She tried to remain calm and lit another cigarette.

            “No, I am going back to bed.” Her mother snapped and walked back upstairs. Horrified, Angela watched her mother. She grabbed her keys and opened the door without knowing where exactly she would go first. And just as she started to run down the stairs she felt the first bite and then the second. With a scream, she twisted her ankle mid-step, falling down the remaining five steps to the floor. A man saw this as he was buying a hotdog and ran over to help her.

            In a hazy, poisoned, delirium Angela feels paralyzed.

            “I’ve been bit by a poisonous bug!” She yelled. The man knelt down.

            “What? Where? Are you okay?” The man asked expecting the bug to crawl out of her jacket.

            “Rob?” Angela asked, even more confused looking at his clean hair and shiny watch.

            “No. My name is Steve,” he said.

            “You are Rob!” Angela said groggily. “We just went on a date. I am seeing you at Neil’s party tomorrow.”

            “What? No, not me. You have the wrong guy,” he said, still holding his hotdog.

            “But the water...It is purple,” she said before losing consciousness.

© 2014 ErithVert


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well it was kinda confusing for one you never explained if the guy was the villain or if the girl had just simply gone made and you also changed tenses which is not good for the structure of a story you need to stay in one tense and how come the mother was so eager to go to bed when her daughter obviously was not in a good state of mind I mean it's a good story just needs a little more explains behind it

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 8, 2014
Last Updated on May 1, 2014

Author

ErithVert
ErithVert

Watauga, TX



About
I am not much for talking about myself in any obvious sort of way. But I have a family, a career, I am extremely busy but despite all of those wonderful things all I ever want to do is write. I write .. more..

Writing
Crumbs Crumbs

A Story by ErithVert