Devil's friend Jenny

Devil's friend Jenny

A Story by Stephen Kim
"

Based on a Irish folk song whisky in a jar.

"
During the night with no moon. A man would go out to the next town and steal from the local business. His brother would look for easy pray and tip the other brother off.
With his gun pointed,ready to meet the reaper if he shoots. In fear for their life. The victims would would hand over there belongings. The man would count his money in front girlfriend at the bar were she was a waitress. If there was any problems he could always say he was at the bar drinking whisky and gave the money to her to hold. This kept him clean from any troubles or jail. He knew she would take the blame for him.
At the end of her shift they left the bar. To head to the apartment in the other town. there was no place to get gas on the road across the mountain to the apartment. Stopping to get gas. Jenny was told to put gas in the car, her boyfriend to afraid to be seen, so she put the nozzle in the tank. Always doing what she was told.
Driving along the dark road " Did you see that ?" There was a shadow out the corner of his eye. Driving faster. He saw it again and then the car started to sputter and stopped. Look at the gas gage he look looked at Jenny for a very long moment. Then a pair of red glowing eyes looked in the window of the passenger side. Jumping out of the car Jenny stood on a rock and said to the Devil as he appeared smiling. " Captain this is one more soul for your chamber." Grabbing the gun to shoot the Devil, the bullets sat in Jenny's hand. Another look at Jenny with defeat. The devil grabbed him and and took him to his chamber. Only if his brother was their he would be dreaming of more treasures.


This was based on a Irish folk song.
Whisky in a jar.

© 2016 Stephen Kim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool little story, Quick and easy to read.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


A little wicked but it kept me reading to the end. Thanks for the post and I look forward to reading more, Dave

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stephen Kim

7 Years Ago

Thanks Dave.
I'll post more short stories as when I get time.
Thanks again, I enjoy re.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2016
Last Updated on April 17, 2016

Author

Stephen Kim
Stephen Kim

PA, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
My name is Stephen Kim I like writing short stories I love anything with imagination that requires an open mind. more..

Writing
Poppet Poppet

A Chapter by Stephen Kim