Silicon II

Silicon II

A Story by Stevvy Hopson
"

Part two of the first

"
My mother always told me not to be fake.

"It takes more muscles to smile than to frown! If all you do is put on a mask and tell people what they want to hear, why be human?!"

I always went to her whenever I had small problems. She knew just what to say and could turn anything around and make it positive, no matter how negative it was. I just wanted to cover up the pain I felt for all these years. I pushed silicon into the cracks that each individual person I've met made into me. None of them the same. There all different shapes, sizes, angles, colors, depth. Yet I just cover them up and act as if they were never there. I held back, so that the silicon could dry and there wasn't so much pressure.

My dad's fish tank, the one he worked so hard on to keep beautiful, exploded one day. I came home from school. I saw him sitting there, in the middle of it all trying desperately trying to save his fish. The osars were the first to go into a large bucket. He ordered me to hook up the bubble wand and try my best to save them. I couldn't tell if my dad was crying. He was soaked. Drenched in mud and water. The weird sounds he made made told me that something was wrong.
After we saved as many fish as we could, my dad hugged me and sat me down on the couch. He told me my sister came home again. Her boyfriend and her were fighting again. She was drunk and out of control. She wanted to move back in. Dad asked if she kept a job, she said no, dad told her she couldn't afford to stay then. She demanded to see and talk to me. Dad told her it was time for her to go. She threw a huge fit and destroyed dad's fish tank in a rage. Mom had to throw her out. She sped off in her car, leaving dad to clean up her mess again.
Mom tried to comfort him, help him, but he just smiled at her and told her not to worry and to try and act as if nothing happened for my sake. He knew.

After he was done talking, the pressure in my chest built up again. The silicon was getting thinner and thinner. I tried to hold back. I looked at all the glass, silicon and shattered tank decorations on the floor. I lost it.
I threw my arms around my dad, sobbing uncontrollably. Dad held me softly and and whispered "It's okay to let go. You're fourteen. You don't always have to hide. I love you Scarlttee."

© 2013 Stevvy Hopson


Author's Note

Stevvy Hopson
There's still another one to show up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013

Author

Stevvy Hopson
Stevvy Hopson

Penacola, FL



About
It's three in the morning, And I can't think of a thing to write Got multiple ideas, To my writers block only view numbers are my replies Why'd you only write me when your high? Why won't anyon.. more..

Writing
To Him To Him

A Poem by Stevvy Hopson