Gettin Over The Pain

Gettin Over The Pain

A Story by Moonbeam Rose
"

Jaina Solo and Zekk Song Fiction

"

Jaina sighed softly as she listened to the song that told her hold life story, her love life that is. She smiled softly hiding the hurt and pain that was plain on her face. She’d talked with Shada after Homicide had boarded his ship and left. She’d promised her sister that if she’d needed anything at all that Shada would be the first one she’d call. She’d lied and she was sure that Shada knew that too. She’d tried so hard to be strong in front of everyone else as she had walked the lonely path back to her office. She looked around her room and sighed again as she noticed all the different holo pictures that she’d collected over the years. She looked at the holos of her family and smiled a bit then looked at the holos of her and her very first boyfriend.

Zekk and her where standing in the forest back on Yavin 4 during their stay there as students. His arm was wrapped around her shoulders as she held him tightly. They were both smiling brightly at whoever had taken that holo of them. She was even wearing his ring. She smiled as she looked down at her hand were the ring still sat. She’d never taken it off not even after all that had happened to them. She sighed as she looked at the next one, a holo of her and Kyp Durron. She smiled again as she watched her and him playing on a beach of Corellia. He took her down as she ran across the soft white sand beach and landed right in front of a rather big wave. She noticed that he had used his body to shield her from the main power of that wave. That was something that she hadn’t noticed before. The next holo was of her and Jagged Fel, taken during the Yuuzhan Vong war. She was dressed still in her flight suit ready to go at a moments notice. She wasn’t so much smiling but it was very noticeable that they were happy together. She looked at the holo as if played out and watched as Jagged and her talked then watched as he surprised her with a tender kiss on the lips. She watched as she blushed a bit then took him in her arms and returned the kiss with more feeling.

The last holo was of her and Homicide. It had been taken only a short time before they had eloped and then come back to the Heart as husband and wife. She remembered the day very well in fact. She’d been fighting with nearly everyone who crossed her path and she was surprised that the holo didn’t show that part of her. In the holo she was smiling brightly as Homicide picked her up by the waist and twirled her around kissing her the whole time. She was so in love with him, but still wondered when that would change. She’d been in love with the others and they’d all gotten over her. She walked to her couch and sat down turning on the music player as she did so. She smiled as one of the sad love songs came over the speakers. She shut her eyes and listened to the song.

“She’s back on drugs again.
Even thought she knows it ain’t right.
She can’t even call up her friends.
And say, “help me save my life.”
She so ashamed of herself that she’s
Come full circle.
Nobody understands what it’s like to
Be this girl.
So she disappeared, and she
Wasn’t clear, and she
Didn’t say where she was going.”

She sighed softly as the words hit home. She’d done all of that. She’d smiled and told everyone she’d was glad that Homicide had left safely. Just like she’d always told everyone that she was all right after each of her break ups. Only this time it wasn’t a break up. Homicide was going out on mission and she wasn’t sure if she’d ever see him again. She didn’t know where he was going or when he’d be back. She just knew that unlike the rest of her family, she was alone. Ana and Lance had been taken to Fury’s for safety reasons. She had agreed to it since she knew that she was too busy to take care of two children by herself. She was a danger to herself and she knew it fully well. She pushed herself off of the couch and stood up looking around the room again. She smiled softly as she let the words of the song sink in deeper than they had before. She knew what she had to do. She reached up for her com knowing fully well that she couldn’t talk to Homicide. But instead what she ended grabbing was a vial of spice. She looked at it for a bit before opening it and debating on taking it. She thought about it for a bit.

“Save my live, won’t you help me
Save me life, won’t you help me
Save my life, can you hear me
Save my life, won’t you help me”

She put the vial to her lips and started to tilt her head back, letting the powder fall back into her mouth. The pain would be gone then and she wouldn’t have to worry about anything like her broken heart from all the men in her life. She wouldn’t have to worry about her duties or about how her heart was breaking without Homicide near her. She was starting to forget what his voice sounded like, his touch felt like, how he smelled like fresh water all of the time no matter what he was doing.

“She had the man of her dreams
And some success
And she was so happy and looking well
It was a cold dark night, that she
Slipped
And then the next morning that she
Felt like a piece of s**t.
So she’s hanging out, and she’s
With the crowd, and she’s
Travelin’ where the wind is blowing”

The powder fell into her mouth and she took it quickly grabbing for her water to help it all down. She shook her head and sighed as the effect were almost instantaneous. She stood up and walked to her room, reaching her closet she changed out of her usual jet black pants and gray tank top into something a bit more not her. She pulled out a short black shirt and a blood red backless halter-top. Changing quickly she pulled on her boots and walked out of the house. She reached the Golden Saber and walked in ready to have a good time. Much to her surprise most of her friends and family where there trying to figure out ways to help her. She avoided them and ordered a bottle of Corellian Whiskey then walked to her usual seat at the back of the bar. She took her seat and smiled at the first pilot that looked at her. She was just relaxing when her twin brother walked up to her.

“Save my live, won’t you help me
Save my life, won’t you help me
Save my life, can you hear me
Save my live, won’t you help me”

“Jaina, are you alright?” He asked, as he looked her over quickly.

She smiled at him and patted the seat next to her. “Yeah I’m fine sexy. Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked all smiles.

He looked at her then sat next to her and took her into his arms. “Jaina, you’re not well.” He said in a concerned voice.

She laughed softly as she down the first glass of whiskey. “I’m fine…” She said hotly as she pushed away from him.

He watched her and knew that something was wrong, he just didn’t know what it was.

“And he’s a real good guy and he
Wants to save her ‘cause he’s
More than been there all before
And she’s so confused and his heart
Is breaking and he
Dream’s she’s knocking on his door.”

He looked at her again as she started to flirt with a male smuggler who was well known for taking many girls back to his bed. Quickly Jacen grabbed her and pulled her out of the bar before the rest of their family could see her.

Once he’d gotten her back to her house he took her to the fresher and helped her take off her clothing and set her into a hot bath. He watched as she fell asleep in the bath. Then her picked her up and wrapping her in a warm towel took her to bed. He lay in bed with her till she woke up the next morning.

Opening her eyes she groaned as the light hit her eyes and made her want to hide from the world. She felt arms around her waist and knew that they didn’t belong to her husband. She sat bolt upright and cried out in pain as she did so. Jacen’s arms pulled her back down slowly and kissed the tears away from her cheeks as he held her tightly in his warm embrace. “Don’t worry sis, I’m here. I’ll never leave you. I’ll never betray your trust. I’ll always be here for you.” He said in her ear softly as she pressed into his arms. “I will not be like the other who loved you then left you. Neither will Homicide.”

She opened her eyes slowly and turned her head a bit to look at him. “Jace,” She said in a soft voice before he pressed his lips to hers and shut her up with the soft kiss.

“Homicide called and I told him everything. I found the vial Jai. I just wish I had been here to help you. Please don’t leave me like that again Jaina. You’re my twin, my sister, my friend, my everything, even if the others don’t like you I will always love you sis.” His words hit home then and she nodded slowly as she shut her eyes and drifted back into the pitch-black darkness of sleep. The warmth of Jacen’s arms was all that held her to this cold living life, until Homicide came back to her that was.

“Save my life, can you help me
Save my life, can you help me
Save my life, can you hear me
Save my life, can you help me?”

© 2008 Moonbeam Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this one the most. It was one of my favorites when you posted it back on the Heart. And great use of some of my best characters. I have always enjoyed the visuals that your work gives me, never forget that my dearest love.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2008

Author

Moonbeam Rose
Moonbeam Rose

Santa Maria, CA



About
Hey there, my name is Kat. I love to write, especially fanfiction and poetry. I am a huge Star Wars, Twilight and Harry Potter fan. I also RPG as a few characters in each aspect. I am a very proud Wic.. more..

Writing