Future Calling...

Future Calling...

A Poem by Nely Amorim
"

it just took on a life of its own...nothing major..

"

 

Future Calling…

 

Poised at the bow, holding on thru the winds

Alone she stands, facing the breeze

Cold and alone, ocean spray in her hair

Salty tears or the sea, knowing she doesn’t care

 

Mind closed in itself, thoughts private and shrill

Where are her steps taking her? What is her will?

Hope’s ever winding itself round her heart

Where does life take her? When does it start?

 

Sun drops to the ocean yellows and reds

Darkness encroaching, o'er her head

Colder and colder, sailing to warmth

Wrapped in her silence, a small silent form

 

Calm and patience is all that she needs

Nothing can stop it, if her heart bleeds

Follow the sun, follow horizon

Endless journey to a happier time

 

Memories carry her day after day

Smiles become smaller in every way

Future is  calling, happy and bright

Moment fulfilled as she sails t'ward light.

© 2008 Nely Amorim


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Cold and alone, ocean spray in her hair

Salty tears or the sea, knowing she doesn't care"

i think those have to by my favorite 2 lines. amazing job, i loved the imagery, you could just feel the pain and the wind running through your hair. nicely done!
smiles,
jess

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have to say this poem is lovely. It is very descriptive, I can actually picture the images in my mind. Looking towards your horizon sometimes feel like you are going through a storm. It seems like the character is allowing the past to affect her future. But your past does not have to determine where you go or where you end up. So I guess, I will say that you should be the one to determine where you are and where you are going. Hold your head up, stand still, and decided what you want, and go for it. You are more than strong enough to endure the obstacles of life. Storms usually command attentionand shows authority. So do your thing, Stormz!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful poem, Stormz! Love the imagery though it does come of a bit sad and lonely and then brighter in the end as the future always is to those who give it a chance. As always you amaze me with your poetic skills and leave me wanting to read, see and feel more. xxx

Posted 15 Years Ago


It reads as if it might have been one of those spontaneous creations that just issued forth from deep within. I read it twice, and it seems to me to be one of those moments when we pause in the middle of life, wonder where it's all going and if we'll be able to get there. I think you'll get there, Mel. I'm certainly hoping you will. A wonderful poem from a deep and passionate, beautiful person.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The ocean evokes such powerful feelings and often times; we are lost in that feeling. As I read your words, I felt you were talking about a boat "she sails t'ward light". In the ocean, as the waves hit her planks, she is cold, but as the shore approaches, she is warmed by the steady movement of the sea and knowing her sailors are safe and she brought them there. I loved the piece.

Thank you for sharing.


Posted 15 Years Ago


ah, the first line had me thinking archery bow drawing the arrow back against the wind; then "ocean spray" I read and I was on the Titanic as in the film. You have me pondering my own circumstances with your poetic pondering. Memories they do carry me through many times while I stay anchored here, not venturing to far from home; adventures once taken, make me smile each time recalled; perhaps one day I'll meet up with that future and be surprised that it took me so long to realize it was with me and at my side all along.

Make sense? Perhaps not but, you got me pondering and wondering and that's a good thing, thanks!
Sallie Bear

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wonderful array of words and thoughts, even if they just took flight. I love the feeling it portrays and the direction it leads me. This is poem moves me with like a tide.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 28, 2008

Author

Nely Amorim
Nely Amorim

Fremantle, West Australia, Australia



About
I have enjoyed reading all types of novels since as far as I can remember, a love of reading encouraged by my Mother, even at expense to her own interests. Stormzz I have neglected this site fo.. more..

Writing
Blurred Blurred

A Poem by Nely Amorim



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..