At the  Brim

At the Brim

A Story by SR Urie
"

politcal essay about status quo

"

At the Brim of the Chasm

 

Man wasn’t put on earth to live in a cage any more than a Bengal Tiger. When crimes like rape and murder are committed without reasonable justice, the offender’s rights are elevated far above their victim’s. The First Amendment, that document Americans treasure as the pillar of freedom, has been reinterpreted and blown out of proportion so much that it’s become very easy to avoid conviction with the use of law and how well it can be twisted around on itself. So a population of absolute monsters walking free grows and matures. When you look at how constitutional loopholes on rights of privacy deems actual physical evidence inadmissible in a court of law, setting murderers and rapist free in the name of the Bill of Rights, the fog gathers at the chasm between what America once was and the pile of quivering jello it’s become.

Before the liberal loonies of the ACLU took our great nation out of the twentieth century and pushed our faces in the muddy waters of blatant Democratic corruption on Capital Hill and TRILLION dollar deficits of the next decade, organizations like the SEC and the CIA stood strong and firm without reproach. Coddling mass murderers for years before executing them and passing laws to allow released sex offenders enough confidentiality to find new prey are mere examples of what our beloved Bill of Rights has done for our society. As nine eleven turned from a focused defense of our nation to the status quo, the price of the war on terror eventually meant the collapse of reason and the rise of corruption behind the once revered structures of the American Congress and Senate. The complete meltdown of the Republican Party has become trivial next to that of the demise of American economic stability. As the new administration strives to achieve the changes we voted for in the last election more people loose jobs, more families are thrown in the street, and the national debt gets more and more zeros added. While all this is going on more liberal projects are cooked up to ensure the success of future generations with even more change, more growth, and more staggering debt for our entire country.

Consider that a woman has run for president and instead she is now Secretary of State. At a national beauty contest a woman was judged by a professed homosexual and lost the title because of her belief in that time honored union of a man and a woman. One of the biggest states in America can no longer afford to house its incarcerated or stop the flood of illegal immigrants, and can’t afford to even pay state wages but refuses to raise taxes. Now there are more surprising political issues than same sex marriage and medical reform, and there’s no question that the current Democratic administration can and will rise to the occasion and deal with any and all issues. Plus there’s no doubt that the ACLU will always swoop in to the aid of any and all pedophiles and rapists to ensure that all first amendment rights are given up on a silver platter from the federal government. That is the essence of the liberal Democratic mindset that many Republicans have taken up while striving for change from the absolute corruption that absolute power tends to instill. However there are still those American values that brought this country to where it is; that approach of thought that rises above special interest groups, goes beyond the transfer of TRILLIONS of dollars, and still resides on the far edge of the great chasm between reason and the ridiculous fallacy of the current status quo.

The Republican Party has been left to stand against the ultra liberals in the House and the Senate, to bring some kind of wisdom of what America is and should be based on the practices and policies that brought our nation from wilderness and chaos to the hallowed halls and libraries of Washington DC. The GOP has gone through a transition of power, has endured the Democratic majority in the house, and if all real Republicans don’t return to its base all Americans are going to be left to the mercy of the ACLU and those who are empowered by the TRILLION dollar national debt. We voted democratic because we wanted change and we wanted to see the enormous mess the war on terror got us into cleaned up. But if we don’t return to our Republican roots and even up the score in the House and Senate in the next election, those few Republican congressmen and senators who are left won’t be able to stop the absolute corruption that’s raising its ugly head and stealing what is left of the American way. I can think of no stronger cage than the one that enshrouds a whole country to another by the power of what used to be the value of the American dollar.

 

SR Urie

 

© 2010 SR Urie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on January 21, 2010

Author

SR Urie
SR Urie

MS



About
"Be not afeared. The isle is full of noises, Sounds and sweet airs that give delight and hurt not. Sometimes a thousand twangling intrumments Will hum about mine ears; and sometimes voices That, i.. more..

Writing
Sacred Dove Sacred Dove

A Poem by SR Urie


'pof' 'pof'

A Poem by SR Urie