Waiting Contines...

Waiting Contines...

A Story by Sufana Anakkachery
"

He couldn't leave the emerald forests however hard he tried...Some 'karma' held him back amidst the mist...

"

    It is said that once the smell of the Himalayas creeps into our head, it drags you forever towards it as a magnet does. Perhaps, it must have been this thirst for spooky and haunting experiences that brought me back to the chest of white serene mountains.

  I have tried abandoning this dwelling of mine a thousand times,but no, the very uncanny feeling of someone pulling from behind holds me back amidst the emerald oak and deodars which had been my leisure time comforts. In the chilling breeze that wraps me up, in the peeping golden sun rays, in the hushed mountain turnings, in the wet slippy landscapes - everywhere I can hear a hidden whisper. A whisper which follows me everywhere I go as if I have some karma to be accomplished before I depart from this 'Heaven On Earth'.

  It has been over a month since I have been googling to solve the riddle that puzzled me till core. "What might be the duty that I have left incomplete?" It is this impulse, the reason why I am sitting in the abandoned ruined cemetery. Oh,excuse me, listen, don't burn your brain thinking that I am a loon to sit in this cemetery at this point of time when the mist climbs down the hill to announce the daylight's departure.

  This cemetery had always been my shoulder to cry on.I used to cycle all the way to this melancholic and mysterious spot whenever I got beaten up by my "aunt"- as she referred herself. She used to complain and ridicule : "Your birth itself was a mistake!" I never knew why I was called a harami or a mistake . I never saw my mother not heard about her except the fact that she was a servant in one of the police guest-houses, here in Jammu. It was her despair family conditions that forced her to join there for work even if the place was famous for all sort of dirty deeds. Nobody knew who my dad was and neither did my mom made it to life to say me his name after I was delivered.

  It was a boy's weeping that woke me up from my cadaver-valued daydream. I looked back, but could find none. But the further turnings brought his sulky face. I walked to him.

  "Rusky"- he said his name. He was a boy of 15 with grey-green eyes about to rain. He had a peach-blossom complexion and a very appealing dimple. On enquiring him calmly, he said:

  "I don't wanna live anymore in this unfair world... I don't want to go back to that my step-mother who press that hot iron-box on me whenever I fail to complete house chores on time.I can't take it anymore...I just can't..."

  I could see that fire of anger burning in his eyes, but I was concrete sure that he wouldn't react. But there was one thing that sparkled in his breath-taking eyes- "DEATH".

  I could see how much he loved that five lettered word. I saw his eyes transfixed at the rope hanging on the tree a few feet away, almost welcoming him. No! This is not what he deserves! This is not what he was born for! He must have a better reason to live- a worthier one.Yes! I was right about that assumption when he said me about his little sister. He couldn't live there anymore, neither cold he let her suffer alone. Finally I was able to convince him of completing his schooling and getting a degree. I succeeded in bringing him back to life advising that he should earn and protect his sister so that at least she wouldn't end up in the thought of suicide.

  Days passed...

  I'm not sure whether he followed my words. But my heart whispers that he is happy out there somewhere, because I never saw him in this cemetery after that misty evening. That boy solved my muddled riddle. I was being pulled back even after I owned a death certificate since the day I hanged here in this cemetery- the karma to offer a helping hand to the ones who resembled me internally! The karma to not let them end up like I had...

My waiting for further "Ruskys" continues...

© 2015 Sufana Anakkachery


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on October 7, 2015
Last Updated on October 7, 2015
Tags: horror, mystery, thriller, suspence

Author

Sufana Anakkachery
Sufana Anakkachery

Calicut, Kerala, India



About
I'm Sufana Anakkachery from God's Own Country "Kerala", India. I am a teenager who dreams to travel round the world,meet people and their culture. I wanna be a writer who can sprinkle magic to her rea.. more..

Writing