A Bad Day

A Bad Day

A Story by Amanda
"

Adrianna's had a bad day, but it's not too late to change that fact.

"

Life sucks.


Adrianna Barnes sighed as she began to write her daily post. Her followers were always sympathetic, and that’s what she needed right now. After that very profound sentence, she found herself at a loss.

How could she describe just how down in the dumps she was?

She tapped the pen she always carried against her chin, trying to figure out just the words to convey her current situation.

As most of you know, Garrett said he needed a break three days ago. Well I was hanging out with Mike, my best gay friend, when he just waltzes up and says that I’m being ‘a horrible example for a girlfriend’. He always has been easily jealous, and I used to find it cute. Not anymore.

So after a row with him, I came home to find my room ransacked. Zayne (who even has such a stupid name) and Molly went through it, the little s***s. I got in trouble for reaming them out. Zayne flipped me off as I was leaving.

Sometimes I can’t wait to leave this godforsaken place.

Biting her lip, she chewed her words over in her head. She must sound so petty, but she’s really had enough of the twins. Molly and Zayne, her five year old siblings. Half-siblings, she might add. They only shared a mother.

Adrianna felt tears well in her eyes. That had happened a lot lately, when she thought about her late father. He’d been in a car accident, on the way surprise my mother for their anniversary. Her mother had been out f*****g her boyfriend.

A shadow fell across her legs that’d been basking in the sun, unprotected from the tree’s shade she was resting against. Adrianna looked up, glaring at whoever was interrupting her alone time.

It was a guy who looked about seventeen; her age. “Can I help you?” The kid looked a bit shocked from her coarse, angry tone.

“You look upset,” he observed. “So I came over to see if I could help, maybe put a smile on your face.” His voice was warm and smooth. Adrianna liked it.

Frowning, she said, “It’s called a bad day.”

“I didn’t ask what it was called. I want to see if I can make it better,” he retorted.

“Maybe,” she shrugged, even if she could feel herself relaxing. “It’s a long story you probably don’t want to hear.”

“Nonsense. I have all the time in the world if it means I get to get to know you.” She saw the pink that rushed to his cheeks and couldn’t stop herself from giggling. “I’m just going to get my bag, okay? Don’t go anywhere.”

She just grinned at him, liking the way he laughed as he walked away.

Glancing back at her computer, she reread her entry. Unable to stop her smirk, she finished it up.  

Life sucks. But there are people out there great enough to try to change that. They’re the ones that have more good days than bad.

© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
I'm bored and lonely and want to go shopping, but I can't. So instead I wrote this :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 12, 2012
Tags: bad day, good, possible, happy, sad, blogging

Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda