Not Anymore

Not Anymore

A Story by Amanda
"

Jenna's lonely and is tired of playing third wheel. But can that change?

"
Jenna smiles as her best friend’s boyfriend, Alex, leans down and whispers in her best friend’s ear. Larali smiles and laughs, not quite hiding her blush.

That’s good, she thinks, she won’t miss me much if he’s around.

Larali spins in her pretty dress, making it fan out around her. Alex admires her, Jenna can see it in his eyes. It kind of hurts, to know someone almost exactly the same as her can be loved like that and she can’t. But she learned to live with that a long time ago.

Taking another sip of her bubbly drink, she sighs. All around her people are dancing and having fun with their friends. It is just another testament to her theory that people will not notice if she’s gone. Jenna’s not exactly sure when it started, but for a while she’s been toying with the idea of starting fresh.

Larali and Jenna had been inseparable until Sophomore year. Jenna had introduced Alex to Larali and they had hit it off. Lately, Jenna had been finding that her best friend had been increasingly busy and rarely making time for the two to spend time together.

Jenna was not entirely sure why she agreed to come out tonight. She’d gotten all dressed up, foolishly thinking Lara would at least hang near here. Jenna shrugged, maybe she’d been fixing to play third wheel again.

Taking another sip, she watched as her best friend excused herself. Smiling a bit wider, thinking that Larali was walking towards her. But she walked right past, towards the bathroom. Jenna felt her smile slide down her face slowly.

Was she really that invisible?

Jenna bit her lip against her tears. She didn’t blame her best friend, she didn’t blame Alex, she didn’t blame anyone actually. It was unavoidable, she thought. This is what you wanted.

“Forgive me if I’m being too blunt, but you look lonely.” A stranger’s voice reaches out to her.

It is a man. His hair is dirty blonde and his bangs are swept to his left. His bright blue eyes, search her face. His face is kind. Jenna is very good at reading people, and so she figures he is not some weirdo. “I’m Jenna.”

“Darrel. Darrel Daggers,” he grins.

“That’s a nice name,” she compliments.

“Thanks. You never answered my question.” He tilts his head to the side a bit and Jenna feels a flutter in her stomach.

Jenna glances at the bathroom door, her friend emerging. “No,” she decides, “No, I’m not lonely. Not anymore.”

© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
I know it's short, but I like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A Wonderful write :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


That's sweet... I think I could probably appreciate this more if I wasn't so depressed right now, but anyway, it's a very nice story... vaguely confusing in a good way... I like how it's in the present tense... it adds something to the story, but I dunno what... Anyway, great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

Shanks
Admiral Kirk

11 Years Ago

You're welcome...
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
short and sweet.

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a great story :) I loved the way it flowed and you were able to express her feelings perfectly. I think they were completely understandable. It was beautifully written and I like that she wasn't alone :) Thanks for a great story :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


:D me too!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great job, it's a sweet story, love the ending!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it too. Good job. This write is nicely composed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 30, 2012

Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Family The Family

A Poem by Amanda


Just a Stage Just a Stage

A Poem by Amanda


The Dress The Dress

A Poem by Amanda


Remember Me Remember Me

A Story by Amanda