Killing A White Elf: A Magnificent Homicide

Killing A White Elf: A Magnificent Homicide

A Story by Sujash I. Purna
"

A short space! A short thought! A short-timed homicide!

"

I am in constant need of papers when I sit down in pursuit of writing...

 

An irony of fate. There are a myriad of times when those yellowish-white slim elves beam at me with their fruitless temptation. I am too in hurry to spare a thought of writing on those white elves’ faces!

But Gordon Bennett!!! They are all gone when I finally convince my inner Me that I can really come up with a good write.

 

While talking about the devious white elves (I have tell-tale notion that ‘elf’ is the perfect epithet here for the scoundrels!) I can sense a feeling of disdain of the only page (or elf) I am writing on right now! I am writing, so is his life coming to an end; this wretched white elf’s life is coming to an end, with hideous lines and words smeared across his snow-white face.

 

I and my pencil, my only accomplice in this heinous crime called “writing”, hand in hand, are strangling the only white elf I could isolate from the melee of dog-eared old gagas called “books”! Piled up on the table, these gaga onlookers are looking at the magnificent homicide and hoping for a vague possibility that my crime will be published someday.

 

Damn those old fools! Your authorship is damned and doomed for eternity! The white elf screams out loud!

 

Mr Pencil looks at me, urging me to finish him off with the final swish and flick.

I oblige my mind, jab my dagger of thoughts, a blunt-edged dagger for the lack of intellectualism (and of course for the lack of space!) at my victim. I must finish him off! NOW!

The last lines are going to seal his fate!

 

Goodbye my dear white elf. You’ll be dead in a mo!

 

My writing stops here...

© 2012 Sujash I. Purna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haha!! It is super awesome! :D How interesting... "Elf is the perfect epithet here for the scoundrels!" Haha! How I laughed! Do you go through all this when you write? :D I do too! That's why I've started to type rather than to write :P
Bravo Monsieur! You never cease to surprise us. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Haha this is quite humourous and entertaining yet tragic. Lol. How you used the word elf in this... quite clever. I love how you build up the story of your actions how it slowly comes to that ending. Cleverly entertaining and brilliant in a sort of tragic fantasy way. You created your writing world. Nice one. A different write... enjoyed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is highly amusing to find such symbolic portrayal of writing objects coming to life. The narrator's voice notes a vengeful tone onto completing a project once embarked upon. The vocabulary is really rich. You have lithely formed words immaculately chosen given the conditions to create a jocular environment where only the writer wins.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very interesting tale in this story. I had to read a few times. I like the emotion and directness of this poem. A good ending to a excellent tale.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a write!
This was really something unusual!
But it was perfect that i was reading it with a mad stare on the screen,
Though i wished i would read it from the white poor elf itself.



Posted 12 Years Ago


lolzzz :D white elf! I was like what on earth is that about to mean...haha...I loved how you put an end to its life...but at least its carcass is preserved in WC...I mean there are so many elves whose lives end up as ruined in the printer-being jammed up, or it dustbins wiping up baby-poop!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are a great writer! I loved it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Haha!! It is super awesome! :D How interesting... "Elf is the perfect epithet here for the scoundrels!" Haha! How I laughed! Do you go through all this when you write? :D I do too! That's why I've started to type rather than to write :P
Bravo Monsieur! You never cease to surprise us. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2012
Last Updated on February 7, 2012

Author

Sujash I. Purna
Sujash I. Purna

Kirksville, MO



About
Wotcher! I am Sujash and I ramble. I am a freshman at Truman State University from 2012(isn't it this year???!!!). I'm looking forward to a dual major in Creative Writing and Music(Performance) .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..