Go Get It

Go Get It

A Story by SultanaGreen81
"

A long overdue secret is about to split open 2 worlds and 2 sibling bonds forever. Could you still view and take care of your sibling after this? Could you leave the world you've lived in for so long?

"

Shai rushed to her red Jetta, trying to keep her purse from getting wet while keeping a death grip on her yellow umbrella. She slid into her car, tossing the umbrella into the backseat. Before she dashed to the estate reading for her Aunt Ann's will, she checked her phone. She had a missed call from a number with all zeros. She frowned and was about to call her brother, Zane when a text from that number came in.

I am Mistress Sienna. Your Aunt Ann has left you something that will change both worlds. You must get the oak chest with a crescent moon engraved into it.

Shai stared at the text, as the rain beat harder against her window. Somebody had to be playing around and hacked into her phone. She did not have time for games. She replied you have the wrong number. Another text came.

Right number, you will listen and obey. You are Lady Shai Atlas of the Silver Dimension. Your acquaintance is Zane Atlas and he has given the chest away. You must get it back, there is something very crucial in it.

Shai sat there half confused and half intrigued. This Mistress Sienna knew this information but then again, she could have easily stolen it from online. Shai needed more proof, so she sent another text.

Tell me something no one knows, not even me.

Another text. Zane Atlas is not your brother. He is your enemy. He is from the Shade Dimension. He was paired with you to cause chaos and to keep you off track from your true path. Now get the chest back.

Shai sat there in a haze of confusion. If this was true, her whole life was a deceptive puzzle. She decided to shake it off and call Zane.

"Are you still with the Executor?"

"No, I've been at this stupid bus stop waiting on this slow a*s bus! Can you come and get me Shai?" 

"Yeah, Yeah, I'm coming. Which bus stop?"

"I'm at Campbell Station."

"Be there in 15."

Shai shook her head, imagining her brother soaked in his clothes and pissed. So irresponsible, she already knew he did not have an umbrella. As she drove mindlessly to the bus station, she thought about the text.

Who the hell was Mistress Sienna? And how does a mistress know our family business? How did she know about Aunt Ann? This made no sense and Shai started to dismiss the whole scene until she pulled up to Zane. He was always in some mess, never his fault though, according to him. Shivering in his soaked Levi's and blue pullover, he opened the door and slid in. "Thanks, sis, my damn fingers are numb with all that wind whipping out there!" Shai grimaced, as she watched his soggy clothes slowly soak her seat. His stomach roared and he looked over at her sheepishly.

"What have you eaten today, Zane?"

"A granola bar and a donut. Why? Can we get food?!" He looked overly excited.

"Yeah, before you pass out. Is that all the food you guys have?"

"Yeah, until we go shopping."

"Zane, just go shopping! You have money! You have the laziest roommates! Stop waiting for them and take more responsibility for yourself. I want to see you do better, Zane...Try harder please."

As they pulled into the Sonic drive-thru, ordered, and ate, she looked over at Zane. He was now shoving a chili cheese foot long into his mouth, not noticing that a glob of chili landed on his Levi's. She handed him a napkin.

"Thanks, sis."

 Shai nodded, "So listen, what did Aunt Ann leave us?"

Through a mouthful of food, Zane mumbled, "An envelope and some old chest."

"Let me see the envelope and where's the chest?"

"Oh, I told the will guy he could have it." Zane dug into his jeans and handed over the damp envelope.

"You told the Executor he could have it!? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"What Shai? What would we do with some old chest?"

"Did you even look in it, Zane?" Shai asked, massaging her temples.

Zane mumbled, "No... I am sorry Shai. I just did not think it was important. I mean, you'd think Aunt Ann would've left us something way more valuable than some rinky-dink chest."

Shai looked at Zane as she put the car in gear. "If that rinky-dink chest was all she left us, then it was more valuable than anything she had."

 

© 2021 SultanaGreen81


Author's Note

SultanaGreen81
This story is for teens as well as adults to enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on February 17, 2021
Last Updated on February 17, 2021
Tags: fantasy, alternate worlds, sibling rivalry, money

Author

SultanaGreen81
SultanaGreen81

About
Hello All, I'm just trying to balance my regular job with my passion...which is writing,filming, producing my own works. more..

Writing