Blind Date

Blind Date

A Story by Summer Nazarian

Finally, Friday is here and David is spending the day getting ready for his blind date. He went to the mall with his sister to buy a nice outfit and pair of shoes. His sister helps him with everything because she loves her big brother.

David is shy and would never approach a woman on his own, so his sister Karen signed him up with a popular dating site and found a perfect match for him.

Karen styled David's hair and put the roses he purchased for his date into a beautiful vase. "Are you nervous David?", Karen asked as she took the lint brush off the table and wiped David's jacket downward, removing small particles of lint. "Not really, but I hope she smells pretty" as He smiled with anticipation. There's a knock at the door.

Karen hurried toward the door, but paused as she took a deep breath and looked over to see David. She grabbed the door knob and opened it as she greeted David's date. Her name is Suzy and she was with her brother. He drove Suzy to David's house to make sure things go well.

Suzy and her brother walked in and saw David standing by the staircase. They approached him and shook his hand. David said, "You smell pretty." Suzy giggled and said, "You have soft hands."

Karen smiled and knew that David would have a great time with his date. It was hard for him to find a good woman that would accept him, because he was born blind. Like David, Suzy is blind too.

© 2017 Summer Nazarian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. 😊

Posted 6 Years Ago


Really liked it, very beautifully narrated...

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 13, 2017
Last Updated on August 13, 2017
Tags: love, acceptance, rimance, dating

Author

Summer Nazarian
Summer Nazarian

Novato, CA



About
I am a mother of 3 and a grandmother. Just turned 40 this year. I am a spiritual woman that is always looking for ways to improve myself, naturally. I am creative, honest, and fun-loving. I love writ.. more..

Writing