Restless

Restless

A Poem by Destiny
"

random thoughts...

"

It's sick the way you spit and gold tumbles from your lips.

When I spend days on a phrase that I'll just throw away.

My thoughts, they get caught on the tip of this pen.

But refuse me to use them to free myself.

Your light is so bright that I'm blinded.

When I spy those blue eyes I'm reminded.

Of the lies that I've told and the image I've sold to the young and the old but I just can't let go of this mask.

The task I've been given and tha lies I've been livin' are ashes and smoke. I'm starting to choke.

Take me back to the truth.
To the days of my youth.
When Tae knocked out my tooth on Broad Street.

Before Pop-Pop died and my grandmother cried we had bangin' fish fries in the summer.

I'm talkin' 'bout free lunch at the park, stayin' out after dark to catch fireflies.

Runnin' around in the heat with no shoes on our feet, racin' don't the street at Aunt Queenester's

What happened to those days we at S&J's when we had enough quarters.

When the lives that we lead turn to lies and deceit, that's the time that we need to start over.

© 2008 Destiny


Author's Note

Destiny
this poem is more or less a temper tantrum.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Temper tantrum yes, but vivid and stimulating. Love the begining....
"It's sick the way you spit and gold tumbles from your lips.
When I spend days on a phrase that I'll just throw away.
My thoughts, they get caught on the tip of this pen."


Posted 16 Years Ago


This peom reminds of the birth of wisdom, very well written and very heart felt!

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jon
Again I really like this - you have a great ability for painting a picture of where your head is hanging out (if that makes any sense). Although the theme if this poem is kind of tragic, because it yearns to return to that innocent place, I think it still makes me smile just from the picture you have painted of that place - and the fact that you have not forgotten it tells you that if you really want to - you CAN let go of that mask ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


But a well-written temper tantrum......great stuff!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2008

Author

Destiny
Destiny

My Skin



About
I'm 20. A college student. If that doesn't satisfy your curiosity read my poems or ask me. * Current Projects* I'm not really working on anything right now. I have a short story on the back burn.. more..

Writing