To Those Who Cry Often - our allies

To Those Who Cry Often - our allies

A Story by Susie

Our allies might verbalise a different opinion than ours, but their opinions are subject to our consent.


Our allies have the incredible ability to suggest we change our diet without applying ANY pressure. They are also willing to hear our reasons for being where we are in our journey and respect our decision.


Our allies are like a partner offering us sex. We have the freedom to accept OR decline their kind offer. Can you see how, around allies, we can only gain?


Suppose one ally requests a glass of milk while visiting. The hosting ally apologises for not being able to provide their visitor's dietary desire. This host may also explain that he/she does not believe milking cow is natural or ethical. The visitor, being an ally, says, "Fair enough. My dietitian insists I have two dairy portions a day and I am trying to be healthy."


The host might explain his/her view further, saying that milk contains a lot of puss and different, dairy-free options can provide ample calcium and VitD. But, before they even open their mouth, the host has accepted where his/her visitor is in their journey. They can offer alternatives, but make no adjustments.


The visitor has the liberty to trust their dietitian's judgement over their friend's without justifying his/her milk-consumption.

Two individuals. Two journeys. Two opinions. Two equals who BOTH deserve respect.

© 2014 Susie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on September 24, 2014
Last Updated on September 24, 2014

Author

Susie
Susie

Adelaide, Australia



About
Twenty years old Twenty years young more..

Writing
Hopelessness Hopelessness

A Story by Susie