The Knife Part-2

The Knife Part-2

A Story by Swagatika Behera
"

In this part Angelina fights for her justice but the cop also trys his best to defeat her. Let's see who wins - money and power or truth ???

"

She was trembling with fear and couldn’t even utter a word after noticing the tattoo of the knife. She tried to move but he grasped her tightly. Suddenly she got a call from her mom and the moment she was going to answer the call, he tried to snatch the phone from her but she tried all the way not to let him take her phone. As the phone was being pulled from both the sides, at a time many windows got opened and many keys got clicked at the same time and the call got over. He started laughing at the peak of his voice feeling pity for her. She tried to run but he held her hand tightly. Gathering all her anger and keeping her fear aside for a while she punched him hard at his stomach and ran as fast as she could. She ran towards the gate and he started following her to again keep her under his grasp but couldn’t succeed. Suddenly she saw her mom and hugged her tightly with tears rolling down her eyes. She was completely terrified and couldn’t even speak clearly out of fear. Her mom kept asking her continuously to know what had happened but couldn’t understand clearly what she was actually trying to say. All that she figured out was that the super cop was her rapist but she wasn’t ready to believe it. Then suddenly the cop came running and told her mom, “Your daughter has gone mad. At the middle of the story she was narrating, suddenly she stood up and started beating and kicking me blaming me as the rapist. Sorry mam, but I can’t take up your case. I can’t let her ruin my reputation like this. I would rather suggest you to take her to some good psychiatrist and do her check-up. I think she is still under shock and needs to be treated under a good psychiatrist. I really feel sorry for all that she had to went through but I am also helpless as it's the case of my reputation." Angelina tried to make her mom believe her that she is not under any shock and the cop is lying to her but her mom’s face reflected clearly that she was totally convinced by whatever the cop said. So, she stood quietly as she knew that all her efforts would now be in vain. On reaching home her mom narrated everything that happened that day to her dad and he agreed with her to take her to a good psychiatrist. She was taken to one of those psychiatrists and was given some shocks too which left her in a condition that she couldn’t even speak clearly and would often loose her consciousness. Still she didn’t lose hope and going against the will of everyone she lodged a case of her rape against the cop. He tried all the way to prove her a mentally disorder patient who doesn’t even know whom she was blaming for her rape. He harassed her mentally every day and threatened her to take back her case. But she didn’t step back. All that she knew was that she had to fight for her own justice. She tried her best to gather proof in support of her but couldn’t find any. At last it was the day the court had to declare its verdict in support of anyone of them. She was assured of her defeat and tears were rolling down her eyes. She realized that in today’s world, power and money can prove a rapist to be an honorable person. She could feel the defeat of truth by the conspiracy done by the cop. The court was about to declare its verdict and the cop had already started celebrating its victory. Suddenly everyone in the court got shocked to hear a voice"

“Yes I Mr. Satyajit Sinha declare that I am your rapist and I am your culprit” a loud voice of laughter followed the words.

“I will drag you to the court. I won’t let you move freely like this after ruining my life.”

“What!!! You will drag me to the court?” another voice of laughter followed the words. “You can do no harm to me, you little b***h. I can prove you a mentally disorder girl within no seconds and you can do nothing to me. I challenge you- you poor girl. Perhaps you don't know what consequence that takes place when money and power shake their hand.” The laughter grew louder and the voice paused after some minutes.

Everyone in the court was in shock for a moment and after a few minutes the court got the recording which was played mistakenly by her younger brother. It might be recorded by the time they were snatching the pone in the cop’s house. Finally, the court declared its verdict in favor of Angelina.

Lately for sure but at least she got her justice. She fought her battle of life all by herself with all her willpower and at last truth won a victory over both power and money. She finally succeed to free herself from the bondage.

It’s a very rare case where the girl got her justice but there are many cases occurring every ten seconds around the world where a girl is being harassed, tortured, raped or being killed. Not everyone gets a chance to even raise a voice against the injustice. Very few cases come to the view of the public but what else the public does except rallies and candle march. The case closes after some days and the same thing repeats again.

The need of the time is to change ourselves and to change our mentality. The day a girl can move freely anywhere in the world alone even in the midnight without any risk of being harassed or facing eve teasing is the day India will truly gain its independence and all those pure souls who are even today begging for their justice will rest in peace…

Let’s not just blame each other and let's try to change ourselves for we don’t know if you (in case of girl) or your sister (in case of boy) would be the prey tomorrow…

-Swagatika Behera

© 2018 Swagatika Behera


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is just awesome.. a truly thrilling stry with a happy ending..keep writing dear..I am sure that u r gonna rock😘😘😘

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Swagatika Behera

5 Years Ago

Thnk you 😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 11, 2018
Last Updated on August 6, 2018
Tags: #Angelina, #Fight_for_justice, #money_and_power_v/s_truth