Conscious

Conscious

A Poem by Sorry Infamous



In your most arrogant hours
you spoil like sweet fruit
fed to you on a solid plate of silver
perhaps it is my fault
you live life as a serpent
I bend the truth for you like spoons
sometimes twist it in two
when I try to drown you
with the tears from a crocodile

 

 

I see what they may
your lewd hands
my magnet mouth
and that we will never ever marry
even though you are more than elegant
in a evening suit
but I look into the mirror
and into your mortal eyes
for an evil that does not exist

 

 

They are deluded
you are not the devil, dear
and I
am not Proserpine, playing
but
this IS the death of beauty
we are just beasts
both of us
and looking back
we must get off on that stuff

© 2009 Sorry Infamous


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Painful but pure, you bore through the pretence to the reality

Posted 14 Years Ago


Pluto was not the devil either. Now Pluto isn't even a planet. lol I love the classical references. I read the play Proserpine by Percy and Mary Shelley many years ago. It's a beautiful piece. Mary was perhaps one of the first feminists disgarding the traditional roles of women in the society of her time. Your poem here is very good and quite witty (it brought a smile more than once) Personally I think there's a spark of evil in the eye of every man if one looks closely enough. :o) If you haven't read the Shelley's play, I highly recommend it. It is great literature. The mythology is handled with a deft cunning that only genius could achieve. But we are talking about two very well educated and gifted authors. Mary wrote most of the play and Percy added his poetry to the narration and dialogue. Of course Mary will always be remembered for Frankenstein though.

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh, wow, this is beautiful and honest and unflinching, what a brutal lovely way you have with words!

Posted 14 Years Ago


If I were to break this into it's meaning it would break me. The beauty within ..The words are always lit in a warm winter of double entendrea .."Amazing" is merely the welcome mat upon your abilities door.

Posted 14 Years Ago


love the new "sassy" profile pic. love the flow and the edginess of it. throw out the mythology and romanticism and add some eroticism and blunt physicality - nice job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

perhaps it is my fault
you live life as a serpent - oh beautiful liar...

This is simply divine, my dear...what a way with words you do have!

GREAT WRITE!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your words ever dance and play, like music with feathered wings drifting around the mind... around my emotions... full of depth and sequined sayings... Beautiful and profound in every way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


In your most arrogant hours
you spoil like sweet fruit
fed to you on a solid plate of silver

That opening alone knocked me for a loop... for when we are self involved we start to destroy the personal relationships around us... over all another astounding piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

512 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 17, 2009
Last Updated on December 17, 2009

Author

Sorry Infamous
Sorry Infamous

Canada



About
"I remeber asking a wise man, once . . . 'Why do Men fear the dark?' . . . 'Because darkness' he told me, 'is ignorance made visable.' 'And do Men despise ignorance?' I asked. 'No,' he said, 'they pri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by bluessadmood