Truth or Dare?

Truth or Dare?

A Story by Swarna Kamal Dutta
"

"Perhaps she was the needed explanation to his exploration"

"

‘Truth or Dare?’

Well Dare was the call from his side! A minute of decided words.

“Let’s see how long you can live without texting me?” she dared!
A nominal clause was enough to accept the dare! Although, he knew it was a defeated dare for him.

Perhaps he was smarter enough to toss the coin in his favor!

The dark fantasy of some wild blossoms used to make his way bright. Fine lines of perfection each time used to delight others with his smile. Some of his memories had lost their characters but each time the greater loss was accompanied by the smile. Its was a broken heart who smiled to cry out in grief or rather an unbroken heart who cried to smile in ecstasy. But the late night insomniac clock hours promised to prove him a guilt with the merry past.

The shadow of memories dipping down his times was gradually grasping him near the end! The broken lines of miserable existence each time gifted him with a darkness. The mirror reflected him back with the dark crusades. The only light to brighten his around was the candle of silence.

Near the wall, the beauty of an innocence each time smiled! Perhaps she was the best. She was the best present to let him felt better. The continued minutes of those shallow talks had a dreadful impact in ruining every reason of sorrow and not a single day was being passed with her caller ID not in the frequent contacts. Waiting before the assembly hall during the usual college morning might have a bitter awkwardness but it was perhaps the best way to mean himself ‘Good Morning’. She pretended to leave him unexplained but his eyes were enough to explain her with every reason.

His priority had sensed him to be her closest but drawbacks knelled him to be ‘mad’ in her words. She was an open letter within his closed envelope to address ‘friendship’ with the initials of ‘relationship’.

Silences were intense to miss each other in the fewer times! Lesser did he know her but it was the reflection in front of the black mirror which witnessed his desperation for finding her in each absence. Reasons were enough but the times were insufficient. Each time a general piece being enquired of him, ‘Will you miss me when I will not be there beside you?’ But his negative words used to be overlooked by her. Her moral support was enough to feel him happy but a minute of her absence was enough to faint him of losing her. He was an incapable with the words of impressions than the expressions of impressions. She had been the inner voices of his unexpressed words.

Perhaps he did not know her well but he could guess her even better than she expected. A growing old maturity was waiting far ahead near the lines of horizon to explain her his ‘bestie’. The bitter aspects of the dark fantasies might be escaping through the windows to hope for another time to explain them with the memories. But a fortunate cause blew out the candle. This time the reflection of the existence smiled. Behind the frame, the comedian smiled. A mistake within, perhaps changed him from the reality to an abstract. Memories were the only letters to write his name within her albums. She aged 80. And he? A metamorphic.

But dropping tears promised his words to stay beside him always in…….

Either the dare was a truth! Or the truth was a dare! Well, in both the cases, he won!


© 2018 Swarna Kamal Dutta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one of the best pieces of writing I've read from him, it's so immersive. Awesome work.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 26, 2018
Last Updated on March 26, 2018
Tags: truth, dare, friendship, explanation

Author

Swarna Kamal Dutta
Swarna Kamal Dutta

Kolkata, None Selected, India



About
I am an enginnring student! I am studying in the second year! I like to play with words! more..

Writing