Wheels of fortune

Wheels of fortune

A Story by Warda Ali
"

this is a descriptive essay I wrote on a Ford Mustang. 😄

"
Wheels of fortune

I close my eyes and imagine the spheres of luxury, grace, beauty, and sophistication rolling towards me. The color of the sun, the essence of the earth and everything that lies underneath. It is the model of the next decade. Something so beautiful, yet so murderous, that when it moves slowly, it takes your breath away, and when it moves fast, possibly your life.

Stands alone as the last man standing, or the next top model. A reflection of everything in this world that catches the eye, and a summary of what attraction really is. Perfect symmetry, very well structured. It looks right through you with the most dazzling eyes. Standing close to the ground with feet of fury, and reaching out to the sky, with the crown of command. Long and spacious, a throne of its own. How can something so elegant be a creation of the common man?

As I enter this beauty, it feels as if I am in another world. A world much more different than the outside. Soft to the touch, a fine layer of the earth’s finest leather - black as coal, dark as secrets- situated on something so delicate, it had to be veiled from the threats of mankind. The front would be my domain. That is where my control panel resides. It too, is soft to the touch. In fact, I feel my fingers sink into the surface, and a strong sensation forbids me to pull away.

The best part about this fantasy is that it smells the way I want it to. A rainforest, or a nice sea breeze, or maybe just the sweet scent of success that takes over your senses, and turns every hello into a painful goodbye.

It comes to life with a wild roar, maintains the same aggression, and powerfully declares its authority as it progresses with great agility and force, to wherever I want to take it. We stroll together towards the horizon, and submerge with the rays of the sun. We are heavenly, we are one. Incomplete without the other, we go where life takes us, be it the start of something new, or the final destination.

Strong, yet sensitive to its surroundings. The slightest unnecessary touch could cause it immense pain, and likewise, it could cause devastation as well. Designed to be cared for, but at the same time, to be exploited to the fullest. The centre of everyone's attention. The stealer of the show. It circles around its territory, screeching and wailing, as if trying to tell a story. The others are of no match to it. It is unique, unstoppable, and keeps rising to the top of the charts.

Everyone around and about envy the beholder of this supreme creation. Some stare in awe, others in jealously. Classy, tempting and just gorgeous, but no where near feminine. Something so dazzling, it touches the heart. Just the sight of this magnificent being stops hearts, drops jaws and creates goosebumps.

It does not offer itself to just anyone. Whosoever is able and willing to match its worth gets to take it home, and ride with it happily ever after. The very thought of it makes a chill run through my spine. My heart pounds a little too hard, probably skipping a couple extra beats and my brainstorming session is brought to a dead end with the sound of dreams coming true. “It is here,” I think to myself. “My Ford Mustang is here.”

© 2015 Warda Ali


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on July 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 5, 2015

Author

Warda Ali
Warda Ali

Norway



Writing
Mirror Mirror

A Story by Warda Ali