Let Me Live

Let Me Live

A Story by MJ
"

A story of hope and willingness to live

"

Dear Mommy


             "The world looks wonderful, isn't it?" I know, because I hear Daddy's telling me about it.
Oh, hi there Mommy! I just want you to know that I'm very happy. To bounce gently off inside your womb, to be like a tiny dolphin in the vast of ocean, to feel your heartbeat that rhythms with mine, to be a little reddish embryo starting to be like you. It's very great to to be here inside you, I feel like I don't wanna let go.

              I also feel my daddy's warm hand every time he touches your bump. But wait mom, I often hear this sweet distinctive voice always asking "Are you in there?" is it my brother? I guess he's just excited to see me as much as I am Mom, I know you're there. Please hear my voice and let me live. I know you're afraid right now and everything seems confusing. But please hear me crying. Do you know my little fingers are starting to open? I am also afraid like you mom. So, can we do this together instead?
              I don't want to die mom. I wanted to live and see what your world looks like. I wanted to see my dad's and brother's expression when they finally meet me. I wanted to have friends like you and I wanted to hear you sing me some lullabies when I'm having trouble in my sleep. I wanted to try how to live in this mysterious and cruel world. Also, I wanted to feel the love and care, the warmth of embrace and kisses that Dad told me that he will give.
              Please stop crying mom, stop thinking of what might go wrong. I only heard you laugh once and it sounded like music in my ears. Please mommy please. Don't take me away from this dream. Don't let me be just any other fetus lying in the cold hard ground, that a certain plastic or a piece of cloth is the only thing that keeps them warm. Don't let me be one of them, wanting to live. Let me finish the journey that you started. Let me be mom, let me live.

© 2014 MJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: fetus newborn mother child

Author

MJ
MJ

Cagayan de Oro City, X, Philippines



About
I love to write, mostly teen fiction and poems. I love to read. I love music and I love to bake. I'm a college student and yeah, just plain me. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by MJ


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by MJ


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by MJ