Humanity's Flaws

Humanity's Flaws

A Poem by B.C. Luna
"

is doesn't rhyme, but it's majorly just an outlook. It could possibly change how you see the world.

"
I have spent several long weeks finally realizing that life is only bit a moment of major indifference.
There is never a time when a human being hates, or if they think they do, they're only hurt by another.
There was never a love, only an extreme version of like.
We are not perfect. In fact, the word should have never existed in the first place.
It makes us crazy, trying to become it.
Humans what a funny word.
"We are only human," PLEASE!
Human only explains a culture whom thinks they know everything, when truly, we've only begun to scratch the surface of our true knowledge.
I think the only ones who know, are those who have faced death and lived through it.
They've experienced true pain.
They know how fragile we are.
We are weak spineless fools.
And though we call the unknown an alien, what does that make us?
We don't even know the slightest bit of ourselves, though we think we do.
Who are we to judge?
We have no right.
You have no right.
It's said that human beings only use 10% of their brains, the other 90 is left untouched.
What if we had access to that?
Would we be racial towards people of our own kin?
Would we want to kill one another with guns and bombs?
We are equal you and I.
Maybe not in looks, but we are the same.
Don' t be cruel to me because I have a different skin color then you, or speak a different language.
We are all equal.
I fear death.
I crave things I shouldn't.
I even have emotions just like you.
And though I may not sound like you do, does not make me any less worthy.
Inhumane.
I deserve your life.
Happy.
Free.

© 2013 B.C. Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Human only explains a culture whom thinks they know everything, when truly, we've only begun to scratch the surface of our true knowledge." That is my favorite line. I love this! It brings so many thoughts into my mind about life and humanity. Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hmm, very strong piece of writing with interesting ideas and concepts. It feels like it's talking to you, like a speech of sorts, especially the line, "You have no right." Truthfully it made me feel on the spot, but it was well put in to accentuate your point and the feel of the poem.
I like seeing people share their opinions, especially through writing, so I enjoyed this piece.
Although some things I didn't agree with, we all have our own perspectives, now don't we~ For the most part though, I did. It circles around many of our flaws, and I liked how you brought them up and put your own idea into it. In the end though, it made me think that we're not a perfect race, so I don't expect us to be, yet I do know we have the power to change and strive to be the best we can be.
Very nice work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


thanx. I luv feedback


Posted 11 Years Ago


"Human only explains a culture whom thinks they know everything, when truly, we've only begun to scratch the surface of our true knowledge." That is my favorite line. I love this! It brings so many thoughts into my mind about life and humanity. Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 4, 2013
Tags: Flaws, Indifferences, Humans

Author

B.C. Luna
B.C. Luna

lakeside, CA



About
I go to a performing arts school. I've been writing since the second grade.. I'm loud, but fun. Yet sometimes, I have a cold sense of humor, and a slightly perverted mind. I sing. I write. . I act an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by B.C. Luna


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by B.C. Luna


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by B.C. Luna