Forever In A Day

Forever In A Day

A Poem by BlueRibbon

8 am and I'm sick of the sound of your voice.
Your touch is a conductor to my soul's symphony. 
7 am and the morning destroys any concept of this lasting longer. I look up at an empty ceiling knowing I am an empty feeling. 
6 am arrives just a minute too late as your lips leave mine. A honeybee enjoys its morning dew drink. The sun tips over the horizon. Sheets covered in ecstasy. 
5am and the fourth round ends. The phone rings and the thought of not having you lingers. A writer sits up with steam over their face as their words try to make amends. 
Failure keeps me up.
4am and I awaken to the touch of your fingers connecting all my nerves together. 
A lesson learned as I become a constellation,
You are the light bridge. My construction,
My consolation.
You've given me condolences for the next 4 hours.
3am and I lay in your arms. Its cold as ice but I feel your warm spots. The weather forces are against us, the weather forced us together. You whisper this is okay. I let a small tear roll down onto a miserable cheek. Does this feeling really go around? 
2am and we sit up talking about the night. Its warm out but sedatives make us feel each chill. We've had our fill of misery and possibility.
On the floor preparing to miss the heat.
A moon prepares the wolves within us.
1am and we drive home. We blend our lives together. 
We don't feel alone.
12am and the night flies away with us.
You pour me another drink.
I beg you to trust. 
It was a mistake bound in lust.
11pm and and I've got the golden ticket. She stares back at me.
I look at him and it all comes flooding back for me.
10pm and I'm ready to die. All these thoughts I can no longer find time to line up to remind me. 
9pm and I said I know your secret. 
I smelled him on you.
He broke down in tears.
All his worst fears. Or hers. 
8pm and you're not a thought in my mind. 
Because everything is fine. 

© 2015 BlueRibbon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 14, 2015
Tags: love, wonderful, special, writing, paper, teenager, romance, support, endearing, confidence, I need all of you, my writing, my thoughts, spilled thoughts, mistakes, lonely, loneliness, de

Author

BlueRibbon
BlueRibbon

New York, NY



About
Suave and compromising. Careful, cautious and organized. Likes to point out people's mistakes. Likes to criticize. Stubborn. Quiet but able to talk well. Calm and cool. Kind and sympathetic. Concerned.. more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by BlueRibbon