Dogs and God

Dogs and God

A Story by Cameron Stewart
"

The divinity in mans best friend

"

Saint Guinefort  is the only saint that is not a human but a dog (though never officially recognized by the Church, but was locally canonized). Now all of you know that I am a skeptic by nature, and tend to frequently mock the notion of religion. Its also well known that I have little interest at all in such metaphysical matters. Its not that I don't believe in god, but I simply don't care either way and am happy living my life this way at present and have been so for some time now.

 

But I got to thinking, Dogs are faithful, they are loyal, eager to please companions who have traditionally been entrusted  with responsibilities that no other domesticated animal has. Dogs complete these deeds and tasks, because they want to, and are bread to. They have about as much hesitation in do these things as they do to breath. Different breads do different things. Some heard cattle, there are watch dogs, hunting dogs, helping dogs, and dogs who's sole purpose is to do nothing more than lift your spirits, with wag of a tail, and a cheerful antic that brings a guaranteed smile to your face. Dogs do these things. Could dogs be angels on earth?

 

Laugh at this notion, its funny, but I feel it is relevent to look into. You will never have a better accepting friend than a dog. The notion of unconditional love is not known as that to them, because that is the only feeling a dog feels for its master. Now if that isn't divine I don't know what the hell is. Even the name "dog" is an anagram for the divine. That last idea may be attributed to simply linguistics but, I'm going to suspend that notion for this time and trust my little four legged friends to be there when I'm down, and take a romantic view for once instead of a "realist" one.

© 2010 Cameron Stewart


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on October 10, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010

Author

Cameron Stewart
Cameron Stewart

Fort Worth, TX



About
I'm like a cactus. I'm rough and prickly on the exterior, but on the inside, I'm juicy just like everybody else. I love music! I'm really big into Blues and Classic Rock, as well as old school met.. more..

Writing