I did my best...

I did my best...

A Story by Sydney Dreama
"

This is a short story about a girl named Mary who lost her way. The story is told by Mary's childhood friend. It covers many years.This story is inspired by a true story.This is a story for friends.

"
Sometimes if I close my eyes I can see her clear as day. Sweet and silly. Yes sometimes she got a little mean but i never cared because she understands me. Understands how hard it is to not longer be a child but not to be an adult. To know that now is when you decide who it is you are going to be. We first met when we were 9. We both wanted to be painters. She was a girlie girlie like me. And that was what first brought us together.After hanging out twice it was clear that we were going to be very good friends. Soon we talked everyday and felt just like sisters. Only her families secrets did she keep from me. 
But as of today I have not talked to her in two years now ( I am 17 now). I think about her very little. There is nothing I can do. Her heart still beats but in truth she is dead to me. The girl that I once knew is no longer with us. She only lives in my mind in her place is the girl she swore she would never be. I only remember her when I remember those summers together. I only feel pain when I think about her. I wish that I could have done more. that I could have saved her from her father. I kick my self for not calling the cops. For not doing something more to save her from him. 
After losing her as friend I have fallen in to a pattern. Everyone I get close to shares her story. The same pain the same hurt. It kills me to say the least. To look in their eyes and now that they felt it to.
Some times I hear her voice breaking with tears and sops :"I can't do this anymore. I just want it to end all of it". all she wanted was someone to love her and knowing that my love could only do so much. 
Halfway round the world she goes one. Just a ghost of the girl I once knew. I wonder if any signs of the girl I knew are left. Is She still so boy crazy? Does she still like Katy? 
Then once in while on facebook I see her photo. Dyed hair priced face drugs in hand. She vowed to me one clear night as I sat in her back yard that she would never do that. That she would be stronger. She would work to be someone in the world. 

(five years after that was written)
I'm 22 now. She is 23. I hardly think about her. Work and school take up most of my time now. I'm happy to say the least and live a very good life. In the time since I have written that I have moved on to many bigger things. I am now a painter and doing very well. As for my friend Mary, I have not talked to her at all. I found out through a friend that she had runaway. She joined a band and is on meth.Tattoos cover the scars on her arms that only I know the truth about. But the sad fact I learned from it all was that went she moved to france it was her friend Danni who started all this change.Mary did not want to stop being friends with me it was all Danni. Danni told her it was unhealthy to keep up with friends from the past. that the ones who had seen you in your darkest hour only reminded you of that pain. It was Danni who told her to dye her hair. Danni who helped her run away. IT was Danni who gave her the meth.  
I know that Mary will either die or go to jail. But I still hope she will not. Still when I close my eyes and think of Mary I see her white blonde hair,paper white skin,blue eyes and the nose she hates but I thought was what made her her. 


Why did I tell this story? Because when you watch the news and hear about someone gone wrong someone like Mary its not always because thats they way they were born. Mary was hit and abused by her father her whole life  and raped by her cousin when she was 7. Danni played in to all of that. She twisted her and played her. 
People play a very big part in our lives. Danni lead her wrong.Because where I stopped a young girl from killing her self. were I loved her and did everything I could for her Danni did not.Danni slowly killed her.Danni ruined her life. 
I am not the first best friend nor the last how will face this. But because of Mary I have helped others. I have showed them how to be strong. I have done everything I can to make sure that live happier lives. Everything in my power so that I am not Danni.

Everyone you met plays a part in who you will be.So be the best person you can for them.

© 2013 Sydney Dreama


Author's Note

Sydney Dreama
Please do tell what you think.Good bad or other wise :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
It is very powerful, subtle, and understated.

The descriptions are poignant and there is a quiet, gritty reality to your piece.

I have a problem with the sentence "After losing her as friend I have fallen in to a pattern." By using the "After loosing her" as a prepositional phrase, it lessens the imact of the sentence. I think it would be better if it read "I have fallen into a pattern since loosing her."

Good work.

I am adding a rating although I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. I will augment it if I discover I rated your piece incorrectly.

-V

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
It is very powerful, subtle, and understated.

The descriptions are poignant and there is a quiet, gritty reality to your piece.

I have a problem with the sentence "After losing her as friend I have fallen in to a pattern." By using the "After loosing her" as a prepositional phrase, it lessens the imact of the sentence. I think it would be better if it read "I have fallen into a pattern since loosing her."

Good work.

I am adding a rating although I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. I will augment it if I discover I rated your piece incorrectly.

-V

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 13, 2013
Last Updated on March 13, 2013
Tags: best friends, teen, wrong, lost, love, change, hope, growth, pain, self harm

Author

Sydney Dreama
Sydney Dreama

About
I'm a young artist who is just trying to get through each and everyday. Writing is how I let go of my troubles and relive my joys. more..

Writing
ONE ONE

A Story by Sydney Dreama