Common Cents

Common Cents

A Story by Troy Baham Jr.
"

Non-fiction essay i wrote for one of my creative writing classes last semester

"

I am seven years old.  My mom says I’m quite the little smart a*s, and my dad says I’m too damn smart to have no common cents (whatever that means).  At least they both think I’m smart.  Besides who needs common cents?  If it’s so common, doesn’t everyone have it?  And what are you going to do with cents?  Video games cost way more than that.  “Mom, what’s the opposite of something that’s common?” I ask.  “Something that’s unique”, she replies without even looking up from the huge batch of clothes she was trying to fold.  I got it!  Instead of common cents, I need unique dollars.  A few of those should be enough to buy a Sega Saturn.  I ask my mom if we have any unique dollars, and she doesn’t respond.  She just gives me a puzzled look before her face breaks out into a huge smile.  She goes into her room and returns with a one dollar bill that has the word “unique” written neatly through the face of our first president.  I hurriedly snatched the dollar and ran out of the house, to prove to the world that I had no common cents.

© 2008 Troy Baham Jr.


Author's Note

Troy Baham Jr.
just read the shit and respond. don't make it a big deal

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol awww to be seven i miss those years. I like it, it reminds me of when i was seven and i didn't understand the true meaning of common sense lol. What'd you get for a grade?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Added on July 16, 2008

Author

Troy Baham Jr.
Troy Baham Jr.

New Orleans, LA



About
Ok I'm an eighteen-year-old heart throb lookin for a good time. I'm from New Orleans which automatically makes me a marketable item and I write a lot of rap lyrics. I'm suprised you actually read this.. more..

Writing