The Artist

The Artist

A Poem by T

You are so unaware

of all that you are

so unnervingly unassuming

 

the gift you share

the talent within

the power in your hands

 

so forgive me for being amused

when you look for confirmation from the masses

because it is an empty road

traveling the path of expectations

 

free youself

realize

the gift is meant to be shared

not judged

 

 

 

© 2008 T


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I could tell you I'm not an emotional person, but that wouldn't be true. I could tell you this poem didn't bring tears to my eyes, but that wouldn't be true either. I know not the place in my heart this poem touches, but the dagger is sharp and shiny and the pain feels like pleasure and my eyes lock on yours as the instrument of your words pushes deeper between sighs exchanged. If you couldn't tell, I liked this one very much. :-)

Thanks for sharing T

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
T,
You were right, this was the poem I read. And, No I did not think it was about a misguided malaprop on the mend. I saw all the unguided, unnerved, misunderstood instead.
Lar


Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
I love the reviews and the perspectives...This piece was written for a good friend of mine in music. It is the gift of beauty that he shares that some see, others ignore. My advice was to not wait for the opinion of others but to continue to share the incredible gift...

Posted 15 Years Ago


To place our soul, wide open, is to chance that we be judged, regrettably. I think your piece is a staunch stance, that you will not be judged. And I say good for you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


II could be very wrong but, feel that in some way these are quite sharp words, meant to remind somebody of something!

It's true, this writing lark is for self but, if people recognise some grace or skill or artistry in what's been written, then, their reviews aren't feeding an ego, but expressing appreciation in the craft of the Word.

And, thank YOU for sharing just that in posting this finely constructed poem

Posted 15 Years Ago


You tell em girl!!
I hate it when people judge
especially on your gifts

Great write!

Continue your journey with poetry

Orlando M

Posted 15 Years Ago


the condition from within the world lets you judge a spirit that is grifted. it is better to give than to pass behind the veil of morals. i enjoy your poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is a significant statement, what I received with your message.... yes! all is about to share...no ego desire... I love the way you wrote this. a wonderful poem.
thx also for your friend rq but i don't have a friends list.
i keep u in my heart. and always we can be friends, send me what u like
me to read.
regards,
gandr�

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh, I like that. "Shared, not judged." I hadn't thought about it, but I think my artwork is "ego-free." I've only ever wanted to share it, and never concerned myself with how it might compare to others--if it was "better" or not. Thank you for that, TMiller.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I could tell you I'm not an emotional person, but that wouldn't be true. I could tell you this poem didn't bring tears to my eyes, but that wouldn't be true either. I know not the place in my heart this poem touches, but the dagger is sharp and shiny and the pain feels like pleasure and my eyes lock on yours as the instrument of your words pushes deeper between sighs exchanged. If you couldn't tell, I liked this one very much. :-)

Thanks for sharing T

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2008

Author

T
T

PA



About
It's a wonderful journey this becoming, It's part letting go of who I was, while releasing the beliefs that sabotage what I want to be, and-knowiing that in order to transform, I can't live in b.. more..

Writing
These wings These wings

A Poem by T


Right Now Right Now

A Poem by T



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..