Poetry judged...

Poetry judged...

A Poem by T
"

just a thought for the day

"

If rhyming is not needed, and poems not fit form

But an error caught, is then judged and torn

Slight it may be, if the understanding made

is to judge it not but by the words conveyed

Poets you say then, if you come here all rehearsed

Should understand completely rhyme and verse

But don't lose the meaning behind emotions expressed

because of the way they're dressed
 

© 2015 T


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That is fantastic. Sometimes I have posted work that was so close to my heart...even painful and have the reader miss my point all together. Maybe the write wasn't good enough, I don't know. I try to positive and upbeat, and if I know someone is truly looking for criticism, I try and limit my comments to just one or two repairs. After all...who am I to judge? I don't have an MFA in creative writing. Well done!
Todd

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful. Most of my writing contains rhymes. I love the style, flow, tempo...

Look forward to more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I just write from the heart
Never have I followed any rules
I don't even know the rules I just write
If I had to follow rules I would quit writing LOL
{ I'm Not a Poet You Know }
Ray


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So many of us write from our hearts and so many can't see the true art in that. I like what you have said here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like this poem but i have some problems with the comments following it. i agree that some poetry is about breaking rules and pushing the envelope of creativity, but some poetry IS all about structure and style and can be judged as such. i think this is what adrian was saying in his comments. if you are going to write a haiku and you decide you want to be rebellious and have 6 syllables in the last line instead of the 5 that is required, i'm sorry, you're not being creative, you're writing a bad haiku. i know. i've written some bad haiku. the trick in structured poetry is to jam your unlimited creative juices into an already established form. it's not easy. so if you choose to use rhyme, you will be judged if you make bad rhymes. if you choose to use meter, someone will notice if the meter changes without reason. it is fair to judge poetry that way. if you choose to use no set form, then you'll be judged on how well you express yourself. what this poem seems to be saying is that it's unfair to judge the latter type of poetry by the standards of the former, which i totally agree with. sorry to have written a treatise here. something must have tripped my trigger.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes if you put rules to poetry you definitely will miss lots of the fun behind that great art,i quite agree

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree completely, kind of, to an extent, assuredly. This is how I would differentiate...

If the writer writes a piece for a particular form, exclaiming the piece as such, then the judges must just judge form as well.

If the writer does not write a piece for a particular form, then if the judge judges anything but what is being said instead of how it is being said; then that judge should go to their favorite park, on a most beautiful day, to recite their favorite piece over and over and over again, while sitting on their freaking thumb up their bum....

Posted 15 Years Ago


THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE WORDS AND TRUE THOUGHTS OF WISDOM. UNDERSTANDING IS TO SEE . THANK U AGAIN

Posted 15 Years Ago


Rules............. were definately made to be broken.
What is poetry or writing a story if we must stick to the rules, forms, rhyms, etc????
Everything would be the same.
Poetry and stories are all unique because of everyone's ability to take what they have and do with it what they want.
You have said it well, in a nice rhyme in great form...

Well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Amen, Everyone thinks they are a judge of what good poetry is. Well written and expressed well.


Posted 15 Years Ago


don't get the endig>?

Posted 15 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

983 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2008
Last Updated on June 29, 2015

Author

T
T

PA



About
It's a wonderful journey this becoming, It's part letting go of who I was, while releasing the beliefs that sabotage what I want to be, and-knowiing that in order to transform, I can't live in b.. more..

Writing
These wings These wings

A Poem by T


Right Now Right Now

A Poem by T



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memories Memories

A Poem by Christine