Free Association and Talk of Ideas

Free Association and Talk of Ideas

A Story by T. F. Rice

 

“Free Association” and TALK of IDEAS:

 

Instead of reading the newspaper and becoming very frustrated with the over-zealousness and/or apathy of our greater world, let your newspaper’s headlines lead you in a refreshing TALK of IDEAS.

 

Find a word that either inflames or inspires you. Speak it aloud. Say it again. What other words or topics immediately come to mind? Do not over-think and prepare your responses. Let the words go in a flash, as soon as they come to mind!

 

When does an adult get to be so brutally honest, much less a child?! This is a freeing experience and an awesome lead-in for lots of laughter, such as at the dinner table (Perhaps you need a rule that no food can fly in lieu of words).

 

Consider that when you are alone in a public place, it may not be the best time to try this, but then again… puzzling strangers might be fun. Try to stay out of the loony bin! I can take no responsibility for another’s actions, even if my suggestion.

 

 

 

Credits: Orig. publ. in Small Towns Are Not So Small, T. F. Rice, 2008.

© 2008 T. F. Rice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this idea
Thanks

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

T. F. Rice
T. F. Rice

Wyoming County, NY



About
T. F. Rice lives with her husband and their teenage son in a small town in New York state in the U.S. She also lives with her creative clutter -- she presses flowers for making candles and cards, recy.. more..

Writing