Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles


I was never a lover of the house of Montague. I always wanted to be Juliet. She always has sunshine. And Romeo was always hers. I wanted nothing more than to be all of your everything. But you managed to tarnish something I craved to build ever so much. How can I doubt the man who said so much but showed...... More than most.... I must believe that the Romeo I found is nothing more than a peasant? Is this beautiful dream that I crave so much to be a fairy tale, a corny nightmare, or is it the harsh reality that I shall never kiss the seductive lips of Romeo and only the rim of poison known to be life? One of many sons of few and daughter to no one. I am not that of which thy soul manifests but a creation of one's reflection. See it not by my eyes but of the burning lust that dwells in my soul. That killed the sounds of lovers in the time of lustful touches and candid kisses. Sink away the foul illusions of something that is not within reach. Romeo has Juliet, and I wish that Romeo would make me his Juliet, for my heart longs to know how Juliet feels when her most genuine love embraces her and loves her forever more. Upon my tears, I will be dreaming from a distance and love you until the Universe folds over and collapse into a black pit of nothingness. Steal my heart and take my desire, oh Romeo, for I wish to be loved by you and you alone. But your heart stays true with an undying devotion to the one who makes your spirit smile and your flesh flush, which I will never get to do.

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh... Geez... I feel the longing and ache in this poem. Nice words. You truly conveyed your emotions. great poem! Thanks for sharing this one! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
1 Review
Added on January 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing