First taste

First taste

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

I have been looking for you. So vast and strong. I saw you in my dreams. So hard and strong. Not knowing you were right in front of me. Is it a sign that we must be? Indeed it has to be. You and I are one but not the same. Give me to you? Could I possibly be insane? To embark on a journey so fast and prolonged.... how can I ensure that this is my heart's most accurate song...? For you, entice my curiosity. I desire you so much; I want you wholeheartedly; I want to prove my deity wrong. But this craving I have for you is quite contrary, for you are not what I expected. Refreshing you are. And that is no lie. My heart sings your praises, and my mind lives the moment.


For in that time was the most I have felt in so long. Please do not be alarmed. Do not be surprised. I have longed and wanted you just the same. Frightened? I hope not. I can be aggressive and compelling simultaneously; you breathe life where it has dissipated. You are an oasis where an illusion existed. I pray for your understanding and your time. I am an awkward and peculiar being. I am difficult and yet so gentle but loving at the same time. I desire your touch and your approval. When we first kissed, you set my soul on fire. Your contact has satisfied my craving. Your words inspired me. I could not have wanted you more than ever at that very time. But I want you still. Kiss me, my love. Please hold me and warp your essence all around me. Feel me, indulge me. Give me a chance for me to prove to you that I can be more than just lust to you. Your dark raven hair, deep brown eyes, and soft, beautiful lips. Pierced my soul and awakened my long-lost joy. I must say your bite completely smites me. And I won't walk down your path of experience with thee.

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this piece messed my emotions for a while. I absolutely loved what you wrote.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it completely, Every sentence is full of sense, nice thought. I read and realize all the theme of your poem

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All your poems are very deep and intense..
Loved this one too :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the lines: "So vast and strong." and "So hard and strong." These lines left a deep impact upon me. Loved it! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A truly great love poem. I could feel the but also the struggle of should you give everything or nothing to this feeling. Well done a great read

L.V.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sayonara Sayonara

A Poem by TheMalady