Tonight

Tonight

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

The hounds growl at the moon's beacon call. The mist rises from the light of the moon.


Thy surroundings creep far beyond the mind's insight. Tonight. The souls lay about.


Seeking the final destination. Thy senses rise, and awareness increases.


Knowing that I am being watched. But nobody to be seen. Fear is present now.


The heart races and the blood begins to flow. Thoughts are transpiring. Thy eyes are configuring shapes that don't exist. Sssshhhhhh. Don't make a sound. Listen to what the wind is saying.


The howls and blows. For the moon pulls the soul into the realm. That takes all but the bone.


Shivers shot through thy spine. The soul starts to run. And the end, nothing seems to be what it is.


Just the dream. Tonight. All have broken the ribbon of time. Everything is nothing. For


Illusion is the giant picture. All have been portrayed as something much more than what


Should exist. Close your eyes. Clinch my heart in my hands. Tonight. I will embrace the


Unseen and know that everything is all that but a wild dream.

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've portrayed fear quite splendidly. The usage of words and the meaning they conveyed, all of them were spot on. This verse gave me a shiver while reading it. Write more mate!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice, I like........... The soul starts to run. And the end nothing seems for all is

just the dream.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yet another great poem.. Thanks for sharing..
Loved it.. I'm a big fan of tricky usage of words to give a nice ring to the poem...And you certainly did that in this one!

Keep writing more poems like this.. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another nice poem. Nicely portrayed about Night. You've shown us the terrors that lay awake at night time, as well as the sensation that usually prevails us. Thanks a lot for sharing this one. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very nice piece, I did enjoy it very much

L.V.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sayonara Sayonara

A Poem by TheMalady