Assassin

Assassin

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

With one shot to my chest, I was down. Bleeding to death with poison from your arrow. You found me off guard and took advantage of the openness I gave. You narrowed in and rose to the occasion. I was filled with lust in an instance and found myself full of awe and wonder. I never saw it coming. I never had a chance. I was out before I was safe. I didn't have any amour to protect or block the shot; I was found breathless with no beat. My pulse was stern and strong. And flat without life. You jerked the arrow, and with one twist, you pulled out my heart connected to my will, ending the war of the roses.

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really Loved that last phrase, "ended the war of the roses."

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

War of roses. I believe no-one can win. A wild journey in your words. Thank you Tiffany for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2017
Last Updated on June 15, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Seasons Seasons

A Poem by Valentine