Alice in Transition

Alice in Transition

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

I chased your love down a rabbit hole and followed it through the depths of my heart. I ran until I couldn't see at all. The mist that holds us apart. I tripped over the lifeline that bounds us together. I choked on the words that expressed how I felt. Colliding with your infatuations and emotions of confused love. I got lost looking through your eyes, which was confirmed the deeper I got. Real enough to cause a devastating reaction with each blow of reality you gave. Leaving nothing unturned, no avenue unscathed. You made sure that the seed you planted was well watered and nurtured. Offering all the life you have to keep it balanced and structured. I got stuck in the air falling down the hole. I tried to keep all in tack, my dignity, and my soul. I landed at the bottom, and when I turned right side up. I found that I was drowning in your silver cup. The one that never fills up nor overflows. And once you have a sip, your aura tends to glow. I thought I was done falling down that rabbit hole. Then I found myself hanging from your every word that you ever told.

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this reads like tumbling down a hole... the concepts were poignant, and affecting! Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful tale written. Escaping to a rabbit hole can get us in trouble. You make the reader feel and understand the poem. A vey nice ending to the entertaining poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2018
Last Updated on June 14, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing