Literary Characters 1- 4

Literary Characters 1- 4

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles
"

A series of poems filled with YA and children's and Adult books, the authors I love, and books I love reading from time to time.

"

LC-1


I know why the caged bird sings... 


And how the roll of thunder heard my cry... 


Why my brother Sam is dead, and what happened in the Canyon.... 


I grew up with the Box Cart children and watched a homecoming...


The Hatchet saved my life, and the wish giver gave me tuck everlasting.... 


Reading is truly fundamental... Leaving a wrinkle in time... 


But the Chronicles of Narnia guided me home, only to find the hobbit waiting for me...


LC-2


I dined with the Lord of the Rings and his fellowship at Northanger Abbey on Treasure Island…….. 


I danced with the Count of Monte Cristo, played gin with the Lord of the Flies, and lost all my money. 


After watching The Fall of The House of Usher, I sailed back home….. 


On my way to Uncle Tom's cabin, I chatted with three little women about an Indian in the cupboard they found at Tom Sawyer's house…….  


When I saw them, he and Oliver Twist told a tall tale about Moby Dick and how he almost ate all of Mice and Men……… 


This is odd because Dr. Jekyll said Mr. Hyde took care of it…………


LC-3


I know where the Red Ferns grow and how The Call of the Wild can make a mountain crack.


I'm friends with the Maiden from down the way; they call her Sarah Plain and Tall, and she loves to tell the Tale of Despereaux. 


She says that Shiloh is her favorite animal, but don't tell Socks that! 


When I get cold, I always warm up with the Keeping Quilt and listen to Nancy Drew tell how she solved yet another mystery. 


I love the one where she saw The Face on the Milk Carton and had to write Mr. Henshaw to tell him that the picture on the Milk Carton was none other than Ramona!!!! 


That story gives me Goosebumps!!! 


Last Thursday, I finally crossed the Mississippi Bridge with Mufaro's beautiful daughters, and Zeely told me to Number the Stars when I went. 


There are many to number, so I decided to Walk Two Moons instead.


LC-4


I was BRAVE ENOUGH to cross Rumpelstiltskin while fighting the Hunger Games on the way home. I WAS STARVING!!


My cousin asked me if The Color Purple was my favorite color, and it is. Then she asked if I had heard that The Wizard of Oz created Frankenstein and Dracula???!!!!!


Of course, I knew he and his nephew went to Eldorado and brought back Leonora, who helped create the creatures…… 


The System of Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether had a different outcome with the Tell-Tale Heart of The Raven; it scared the bejeebus out of EMMA!!!


As we passed Salem's Lot, we heard a ghostly laugh coming from the Pet Cemetery, and boy, did we run the whole Green Mile home! 


When we got there, Carrie was with THE OUTSIDERS on the lawn, and the house was on fire, and folks say she was The Fire Starter. 


We had a wonderful stay at Wuthering Heights until the police were called for The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Pvt Dect. Hercule Poirot was obsessed with how The Mirror Cracked from Side to Side. 


He says the same person committed Murder on the Orient Express and The A.B.C. murders, too!! I asked him Why Didn't They Ask Evens? He knows what happened and was there when the Three Act Tragedy happened as well.


We then went to The Pale Horse with the famous Garden Of Eden and said Farwell To Arms as we made our way Across the River and Into The Trees.


We ended up in Another Country, and I immediately felt like A Stranger In a Village. Nobody Knows My Name, and when I wanted to know The Price of a Ticket, Rosa helped me out a ton! 


Nothing is more fulfilling than reading a good book and being The Pagemaster of your imagination. Nothing is more wonderful than letting your mind run wild and free. There, you will find everything exactly where it needs to be. 

© 2023 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliantly put together, clever you! I wonder how long it took you to collect the right titles to put this quite long write together?! However long, it runs smoothly and logically. There is broad base of reading, discovered too. Bravo plus - mid-noise stamping of left foot, Tiffany Charles. .

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very creative!
I am sure there are some titles in there that I do not know. This is so clever and well put together. You are able to weave these titles together while making an argument for the act of reading. I'm so impressed with it!

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliantly put together, clever you! I wonder how long it took you to collect the right titles to put this quite long write together?! However long, it runs smoothly and logically. There is broad base of reading, discovered too. Bravo plus - mid-noise stamping of left foot, Tiffany Charles. .

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very good dear Tiffany. You set-up the characters strongly. I wanted to read more and thank you for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really clever and cool!!! I definitely agree with your parting comment. So many good books, characters and you hit so many of them. This was a fun read!!!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2021
Last Updated on September 21, 2023
Tags: Stories Poems Children Everyone

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Slant Slant

A Poem by DIVYA


LOVE LETTERS LOVE LETTERS

A Poem by Linear