Ill-fated Lovers

Ill-fated Lovers

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

In the afterworld, where spirits roam free, Two loves reunited, as fate would decree. Once joined in life, now bound in death's hold, Their memories of passion, are still so bold. In the 16th century, they lived and breathed, Their love a secret, hidden, never confessed. They met in secret, in gardens at night, Their hearts ablaze with a burning delight. But fate was cruel, their love has been deemed a sin, And they were taken, their lives torn within. Brutally murdered, their spirits set free, Now reunited in the afterworld, finally. Their love, so pure, now burns bright as a flame, Ignited by memories of passion and shame. No longer burdened by the weight of the past, Their spirits soar, free from the shadows cast. Together, they dance, beneath the moonlight's crest, Their love, once forbidden, is now truly blessed. They speak of their lives, and the love they once knew, Of the pain and the longing, that both hearts anew. Of the moments they shared, before their death knell, Of the love that they cherished, that they would not sell. Now, they're together, in this ghostly abode, Their love, once threatened, is now under God's nod. In the afterworld, where spirits roam free, Their love, once murdered, now finally sees. The light of redemption, their love resurrected, Their spirits united, no longer bereaved. So they dance, together, in this ghostly scene, Their love, once forbidden, is now a lovely dream. And so, the two lovers, reunited in grace, Their love a reminder, of love's timeless pace. A love so pure, so true, it couldn't be tamed, Even by death, their spirits remain untamed. In the afterworld, where they roam and sing, Their love, once murdered, is now a beautiful thing.

© 2023 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the hopeful ending dear Tiffany.
"In the afterworld, where they roam and sing, Their love, once murdered, is now a beautiful thing."
Would be nice if a kind love could last forever. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M
Love this. The ending gives me hope. Beautifully expressed.

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked the hopeful ending dear Tiffany.
"In the afterworld, where they roam and sing, Their love, once murdered, is now a beautiful thing."
Would be nice if a kind love could last forever. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2023
Last Updated on February 2, 2023

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing