The 8th tragedy of England

The 8th tragedy of England

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

In the Tudor court, where power reigned supreme, a king, Henry the Eighth, lived by name. His tale of marital love, a twisted theme, Through six wives' fates, his story did proclaim.

First came the noble Catherine of Aragon, A Spanish queen with regal grace displayed. But Henry's heart yearned for a male-born son; thus, their marriage, by fate, was soon waylaid.

Divorce was sought, annulment claimed, For Catherine could not provide the desired heir. So their union severed, royal ties untamed, And Henry's quest for love began to wear.

Anne Boleyn is a woman of captivating charm, A fierce, enchanting, and beguiling beauty. But soon accusations swirled, casting harm, And Anne, accused of treason, met her tragic unspooling.

Jane Seymour, a gentle flower blooming, Brought solace to a heart once torn and cold. A son was born, a joyous heir looming; sadly, Jane's destiny was untimely and foretold.

Anne of Cleves, a foreign bride unseen, was brought to England for an alliance sought. But, unfortunately, their union soon revealed a mismatched scene, And Henry, in disappointment, her love distraught.

Kathryn Howard, a youthful flame burning bright, Caught the king's eye with her vivacious glee. But whispers of indiscretion crept into the night, and a tragic decree condemned her love.

And lastly, Catherine Parr, a loyal soul, Nurtured Henry's twilight years with tender care. His final wife, her role of utmost rule, A companion, guiding him through burdens hard to bear.

Thus, Henry's tale of six wives is told, A monarch's pursuit of love and destined strife. Each woman played her part, courageous and bold, Bound by history and their intertwined lives.

A king's quest for a male heir's embrace, Led him down a treacherous path fraught with pain. Six wives entwined in love's intricate lace, Henry the Eighth, forever in history's refrain.

© 2023 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sir Thomas More, Lord Chancellor of England, for reasons of conscience, refused to recognize Henry's marriage to Anne Boleyn. Bad move. Soon, Thomas More was no more.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Added on May 24, 2023
Last Updated on May 24, 2023

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing