My Name is Caprise

My Name is Caprise

A Story by T.M. Williams
"

a quick short painting in words

"

Wrote this for this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJGHJaGlpm4&feature=related

“Paranoia will not wait for you,” he said in a whisper, daring her to challenge him. She tilted her head, listening to the songs of the violins in the background.

Seventh degree, she thought. Brilliant, she concluded.

“Are you listening?” His voice had changed tone by just a hair. No one would notice, no one except her.

“I am listening.” She smiled within. She was listening.

“I don’t think you are.” He said in full volume and was met with agitated ‘shhh’s’ from their guests.

She closed her eyes and listened to the dancing notes, like mating music. A smile played on her lips, only for a moment. He noticed before she could stop it. She almost did not care.

“This is wrong.” He argued under hushed tones.

“What is wrong my love?” her head gently swayed to the music, she did not care anymore.

“Caprise”

“Mmm?” He was almost gone from her, lost in the sounds. It would not be long before he would be completely gone. He understood this and dared a touch of her elbow, just enough to will her back.

It worked.

“What is wrong my love?” Her voice was just a whisper, but it sung to him nevertheless.

“Preeeeeseeey” He drug out his nickname for her, a lullaby he realized, in the way she loved to hear her name. It sounded like chocolate, sweet, reverberant.

“Paranoia will not wait for you.”

“I know dear. It never does,” and he was gone from her.

© 2013 T.M. Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
Added on January 8, 2013
Last Updated on January 8, 2013
Tags: her name is calla, violin, poetic, mystery, short story

Author

T.M. Williams
T.M. Williams

Scottsdale, AZ



About
Business Owner, Entrepreneur, Friend, Wife, Mother, Writer, Designer, Creator, Distributor, Artist, Daughter, Healthy Living Guru, Shoulder to cry on, Tough Love Giver, Dancer, Music Lover, and Lover .. more..

Writing