Curse.

Curse.

A Story by Tabby

The last time I saw you, you were smiling that half smile that showed your dimples and now all I can see is what happened between then and now. Some people may say how easy it is to get it off your chest and be free but for someone like me it isn’t that easy. I guess some people can’t say that having a dirty secret and it staring you down one day to the next, dressed in all black.

 

            The morning of May 27th was the day I wouldn’t forget. I was walking down the bike path to the last day of school when I saw a pair of eyes I have never seen before. The eyes were dark blue but more black than that. I guess they had an edge, or a story behind them. Knowing me, I was determined to know that story and that’s what I did.

            I walked over to the bench, books in hand, and looked at you. I could see you so nervous. Your hands were shaking and your lips trembled when you were about to speak with Maria interrupting.

            Maria started to say something but cut herself off after seeing that no matter what I wasn’t going to respond. I swear we were staring each other down for at least three minutes.

            “May… May I help you?” You asked with your eyes so wide.

            “I’m sorry, I’ve just never seen you before,” I said still staring at you.

            Maria pulled me away. I couldn’t help but to stare at you still.

            “Was that necessary?” I asked.

            Maria tried to yell at me but clearly I wasn’t interested into what she was saying because I turned around and walked back to him.

            “I wanna hangout with you. Today. After school,” I said with the most confidence I’ve ever had. It took him forever to answer or as it seemed. I could see the confusing look he had and I wanted an answer so badly.

            “I don’t know you but sure,” he said so calm and gentle. That smile you had was so flawless and it showed every dimple. I looked back for one last look as I walked away and you smiled, a half smile.

            After school that day we went to the park then my house and I got to know you very easily. You trusted me, but I couldn’t trust you. I knew that this decision was wrong by the time you were left my doorstep. I can’t help but to think that it was the end.

            They told everyone it was an accident of the death; maybe suicide or overdose. I knew that this would happen and I didn’t want it to happen, but it did. Never ever knew the actual cause. Cursed.

            May 29th was the day of grief and crying. So many people cried and prayed. I couldn’t stand to watch any of it. I wouldn’t watch and so I didn’t. I knew who was there and that’s all. That’s all I needed to know. I always wondered what happened when you were dead. Do you dream? Watch over people?

 

            Now I know.

© 2014 Tabby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thats really a awesome story

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 30, 2014

Author

Tabby
Tabby

Guthrie Center, IA



About
Hello, I'm just a typically teenage girl that has a creative mind. I'm in a lot things that include: art club, band/vocal, volleyball, theater, & I'm in writing classes as English credits. No, I don't.. more..

Writing
Never. Never.

A Story by Tabby


LIfe LIfe

A Story by Tabby


Say Hello Say Hello

A Story by Tabby