Dragon

Dragon

A Story by Chris
"

Just the beginning, would love feedback if good to continue writing.

"

If the skies could see they would scream, as the world erupted against its pale blueness. Streaming forth was a fire ball, glowing purple in the center, a formless shape writhed in anguish. Could a wing be seen from the fiery inferno, perhaps a claw or two. Falling to the ground, passing through the gently flowing clouds, the mass plummeted. It hit all too soon, but without a moment too loose, as the creature inside was awaiting the disastrous occasion.

A crater struck forth, a blast of air annihilated the surrounding trees. The riverbank which once held an excess of water was now resorted to a fallowed ground. About a hundred feet outwards the flames begin, everything closer was extinguished by the following rush of air. A perfect circle risin up to a northward hill, and falling down to the southward slope. Perfection it seems lies so simply in geometry, standing out against the amorphous forest.

Upon entering the circle, the site of the grand impact, a green and blue creature could be seen. The colors were fierce, like the features of the beast, a long spiking tail wrapping across its body to meet a long snarling face. Like the oriental depictions of dragons so grand, it long thorns of spikes coming from the top of its head, streaming scales going along the curvature of its body. The long snout of the beast met with a wide, but  eloquent skull, the body attaching from the muscular, but thin neck was wide and defined. Ripples of spikes, the color of emeralds and the bluest sky fell down its body to its tail. The limbs attaching were strong and short, ending in prancing claws as dark as night clawing onto the smoldering ground. The vibrantly colored creature consisted that of a pastoral dream met with intensity, the blues, the greens, and the gold. Ah, yes the gold. Wings stretching forth to cover the injured body forth filled in by the royal yellow and outlined by a strikingly neon blue. They were folded for the moment, but one could assume the size was greater than that of the rest of the body.

The boy who ran up was not very young, and not very old. He was an adolescent of sorts, an eccentric one at that. He hiked the hills of this old germanic country, and fell in place with the ordinances of nature. If one were to find him, no justice would be done looking in the tavern or the library, instead one ought to grab a compass and trek forth into the unknown. Resultively, people tended not to find him. The boy on the other hand by the name of Warren was about to make a discovery of a lifetime.

Nimble Warren, with his small sleek body was looking collecting acorns when the sky defied the peace. He saw a meteor of sorts diving down to the ground, it started at the top of the horizon and soon was out of view. A trail of faint smoke could be seen in place of this diversion of normality. Running forth as quickly as he could manage, he followed the trail of smoke. A screeching blast of noise met him with such a force his ears immediately rang. Within a few seconds of running he was met with a strong, but dulled down blast of air and debris tearing holes in his worn out shirt. Immediately, he covered his eyes, but kept running through the untamed forest. Tall pine trees created the landscape, dotted rocks were simply an accessory. His foot felt the ground through his thin leather mocassins, it was squishy yet resilient, the spongy moss pushing up against his foot as he ran. When he took his hands off his face his ears were still ringing, yet he could see clearly now the goal he was after. Perhaps a star rock from the depths of the cosmos has greeted him with this shuddering boom. Or could it be something far more perplexing.

Warren streaked through the tall pines and interlayered oaks and soon found them scorched with marks. A minute more of running he found live embers burning in the trunks of still standing trees. The sparse burch were already engulfed in flames, all the way to the twisting limbs protruding in all directions, holding now less firmly bright green leaves. The fire would not spread, the forest was too damp. Closer to his goal he was now, trees were fallen and burning, revealing the object fallen from the heavens above. Warren looked sternly upon the object as if to try and decipher it from so far away. For a second he saw a flash of bright emerald, like eyes upon a the ashen object. Upon looking closer he noticed other features, was it a tail, legs, wings? Not believing his eyes the boy brought his skinny legs to the ground once more to draw him closer to this enthralling, this enticing creature. The more he saw the faster his heart beat, a beast a great magnificent creature, with wings, and brilliant blues and greens. Under the ashes covering the wings he noticed the pronounced gold, but what caught his attention was the eyes.

So softly they shone in contrast to the beings stark face. They were like two full green pears at the bottom of a barren bowl. The boy looked forward in fascination the creature groaned and released a torrent of steaming air. Its limbs grasped around furiously trying to somehow summon the strength to escape. The boy looked at the beasts hysterically frightened eyes and felt now conflicting feelings of pity and a longing desire to fix what ails this creature. The boy sat down a few feet from the now sulking disparate creature and unfolded his palms outward. The dragon met his eyes darted his tongue outwards and squinted his eyes softly. Then the eyes opened and closed forever.


© 2016 Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was very nice and I love your choice of words.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, its been a while since Ive wrote this, but its always been something I was happy .. read more
The first line caught me since it was more of an idiom about the skies screaming that is very creative.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 7, 2016