Torn

Torn

A Poem by Tabitha M.
"

I'm not really sure what to classify this as... I guess it's more of a free form poem? Doesn't really have a scheme.

"

I’m torn. 

 

The emotions tear me in half. The sharper than ice sadness, the raw, burning of anger. 

 

Both are bleeding salty tears. 

 

The sadness slams my heart like a hammer, punctuated with each sob. It feels like pieces are

missing, but they’re just shattered and scattered. Obliterated to dust, never to be fixed. 

 

The anger flares hotter than a fire, burning every nerve with relentless outrage. The borderline

 hatred blackens any sense of hope, leaving nothing but a raw pit of rage and resentment. 

 

Each tear stings more than the last as they keep falling, and falling. 

 

I am helpless. There’s nothing I can do to fix this. 

 

Things will never be the same.

 

I will remain torn.  

© 2015 Tabitha M.


Author's Note

Tabitha M.
I wrote this for the Picasso contest. I recently lost my father, who I loved very much. I feel like this is directed to the forces that took him away from me way to early.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful. No need to have form.....our emotions flow in a rhythme of their own, and often we are merely the scribes, writing down the echoes of our hearts......

Grief stirs our deepest emotions......sorry to hear about your dad.....when loved ones are taken from us prematurely, we feel especially lost. You did a marvelous job at bleeding those feelings onto paper......I feel a sense of release when I write poems about the death of a loved one.......I challenge you to write one about all the wonderful things about your dad......it would honor his memory, and be a little drop in the bucket of your aching loss........

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tabitha M.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. That means a lot.
And that's a good idea. I think I'll do that. Thank you.. read more



Reviews

I feel your pain through the words of this emotional piece.
Well written! 😊

Posted 8 Years Ago


Tabitha M.

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
so sorry for your loss!
this is a profound and raw write with amazing imagery! emotions are superbly conveyed in this fine write!
well done! I believe this can be classified as prose poetry.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Tabitha M.

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Indra Neil

8 Years Ago

You are most welcome!
Loosing someone we love always leaves us torn inside... Your expression of feelings is simply awesome

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tabitha M.

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much :)
Beautiful!
Words at reflect my own anger and angst and speak for my own torn soul.
Thank you for sharing your inspiration, dear poet. I am very sorry for the lost of your father.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tabitha M.

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
No time is perfect time to lose someone.. but when we feel like we could have had a few more years with them because we loved them, and they made us better people, we are mad the whole world. your emotions pierce the heart.
i am sorry for your loss Tabitha.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is beautiful. No need to have form.....our emotions flow in a rhythme of their own, and often we are merely the scribes, writing down the echoes of our hearts......

Grief stirs our deepest emotions......sorry to hear about your dad.....when loved ones are taken from us prematurely, we feel especially lost. You did a marvelous job at bleeding those feelings onto paper......I feel a sense of release when I write poems about the death of a loved one.......I challenge you to write one about all the wonderful things about your dad......it would honor his memory, and be a little drop in the bucket of your aching loss........

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tabitha M.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. That means a lot.
And that's a good idea. I think I'll do that. Thank you.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2015
Last Updated on April 14, 2015
Tags: contest, emotions, torn, anger, sadness, tears