First time

First time

A Poem by Tachycardia
"

This is very emotional for me, please don't be harsh. I do consider it poetry, because it was written from the heart. Is that not where all poems come from? The heart?

"

Your face?

Repulses me.

My rhyming?

Blasphemy. You killed it.

So instead, I'm just going to be poetic, and explain how you broke me..

Before you walked into my life, I was drowning. Closed up, and unable to feel.

But there you were, pearing into the water to see look at me.

And so slowly, you reached your hand out, and gripped mine,

pulling me up and outwards. Once done, you brought me to shore,

and taught me how to breathe. How to walk, and speak.. And... Feel.

For the first time in a very long time, I was happy... And these feelings I never knew existed, bursted out.

You honestly, and litterally had me at 'Hello.' It was as simply as that.

.. And seriously? This... This feeling, was love.

You taught me everything.

... Including betrayel. Including hatred, and confusion, and ache. You started to back me into a corner,

only this corner was an edge. An edge backing into the sea I was once drowning in.

I stared at you in horror, yet, you didn't care... With all your might, you pulling back, and shoved forward at him.

Hitting my heart and chest, pushing me back into the ocean.

With in that time, all this.. Pain, and sorrow, washed over me. And then finally, I hit the water, and I began to sink...

This time, I sank lower... And lower... And lower, until finally, I hit the bottom.

Everything went dull, everything went dark. Nothing was the same. Not me, not my hearing,

my senses... Or my heart. I was a different person; and still am. You changed me.

For the worse? for the best? I do not know.

But all I know is, you did this to me.

And now, no one can reach me.

And I knew it was real... Because it was the first time...

 

I still am in love with you, today. I'm learning to let go..

it's not easy, but someday, I hope I wil be able to....

© 2009 Tachycardia


Author's Note

Tachycardia
Gah. I wrote this very fast. x-x

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on June 23, 2009

Author

Tachycardia
Tachycardia

Somewhere close, yet so far away, Canada



About
MyHotComments It's pretty much true, I do stand out. I'm not really girlie, I love black. I do things on whim instead of thinking. My mind works differently then yours, it's constantly full of th.. more..

Writing