Vamp Wars: Chapter 1

Vamp Wars: Chapter 1

A Story by Tai-San

 

Chapter 1
      “Mama!” I called, getting my blue and gold cheerleader uniform on. It was the first day of high school. The day I would be a freshman and in ninth grade. I would also be the youngest one on the cheerleading squad. I went to go wake Mama up so she could either see me off or get to work. “Mama!” I whispered, shaking her a bit. “Wake up Mama! I have to leave soon and you must go to work.”
 
        Mama turned over and opened her eyes slowly. “Good morning my Daughter. How long do you have until you have to leave?” I looked at the clock. “In around five minutes Mama.” I answered obediently. Mama jumped out of bed and got dressed. She gave me a quick kiss on the forehead and headed out the door. “Bye Mama! Love you!” Mama   Turned to me before getting in the car. “Bye! Be safe!”
 
         I got my bag for school. It was small and thin with the Italian flag on it to show one of my heritages. I walked out the house and down the street two miles North. By the time I got to the bus stop, seven people were already there. One of the people tended to be a friend of mine named Brandy who walked over to me. She was tall with straight brown hair and brown eyes. She was a year older than me.
 
        “Hey Anastasia!” Brandy called, “Wow, you look so retro.” I curtsied for her. “Yes it is, thank you Bran, but nobody says ‘retro’ anymore.” I always had to remind her that we live in the twentieth centrey and had the right not to live the 80’s way or talk their language.

© 2008 Tai-San


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short, but sticks to the point as a brief introduction/starting point after the prologue.

The dialogue seems a little static to me, but I think that's just the style you've chosen to use. For a first chapter, it's pretty good.

(We never said retro in the 80's! That was the 90's. And what's wrong with living in the 80s?! The 80's were great!!)

:)



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 6, 2008

Author

Tai-San
Tai-San

New York



About
I am single and an age. I hate people, but I love them. I get scared very easily and, well, i wont say why. I'm a poet, though i'm bad at it. My best friends are: Wa Ya As The Gothic Cowboy, ATG, .. more..

Writing