The Twilight Gazette

The Twilight Gazette

A by Tai-San
"

My new papre.

"

 

The Twilight Gazette
 “Where you can get the news on what’s happening everywhere in the world.”                              Staff: Jasperess Cullen, Aria Manguel, Soker Ken, Rene Setren, Beth McGee, Joy, Angel, and Hope Callaway, Becca Caroll, Kelly Fester
 
April 19, 2009
 
Local Fire An Outrage; 30 Fire Depts. Needed
        Wurtsboro: On April 18, 2009 at seven thirty at night a fire started. During the day, the residents of Wurtsboro, Wurtsboro Hills, and Ellenville were asked to not burn. The wind was strong, and officials were afraid of starting a fire. Because people did not listen, and a fire started next to a store, right between Ellenville and Wurtsboro. It went on until nine o’clock that night. It took thirty different fire departments around the area to put the fire out. Many of the houses were safe from, the fire and many lives were saved. Thank-you to the firefighters whom are paid very little, yet are always there to help the people in need. If it was not for them, maybe lives would have been lost. Destiny gave us some good people. May these people help us to see that there may be some good in the world, though hope may sometimes be lost.
 
A Mob Captain Caught
   New York: Mob captain, Nicholas Corozzo, sixty-nine, has been sentenced to thirteen years in prison. He pleaded guilty in the summer of 2008 to both racketeering crimes and two murders in 1996. He also helped run the crumbling Gambino crime family when John Gotti was sentenced to prison. Any other information regarding Mr. Corozzo or the rest of the Gambino family matters is still being kept quiet until further evidence is released.
 
NATO Frees 20 From Pirates
   Nairobi, Kenya: The NATO forces rescued twenty fishermen from pirates, who were let go because NATO had no authority to arrest them. Pirates today hold 310 crew hostages. When will this crisis end?
 
Massachutess Mother Tried To Kill Before
    Quincy, Massachusetts: A mother, Fang Chi-Xue, is suspected of killing her unborn child, along with her nine-year-old daughter. She also attempted to strangle her fourteen-year-old daughter. Chi-Xue is undergoing psychiatric evaluation. May the Chi-Xue family, and many more families learn how to love one another, rather then hate.
 
Thoughts On Day Of Silence
          Everywhere, World: I personally think that Day Of Silence 2009 was a failure. I know that most people that I speak to that live in other parts of the world don’t even know what Day Of Silence is. The people in my school, I can say, were against Day Of Silence altogether. Out of the five hundred students in my Monticello High School, only thirty people participated.
           Day Of Silence is a day not dedicated to LGBT, but the right to be any of those and not be discriminated against it. It’s for freedom. And, in certain places, such as my town, it can get very bloody.
       At nine o’clock in the morning at my school, the thirty people who participated in Day Of Silence met outside. The other four hundred and seventy students stood in front of the thirty. There was a fought, and twenty people were injured. And yet, the thirty were proud. They may not have won the battle against their peers, but they are proud, because they got hurt standing up for what they believe.
          I, Jasperess, would love to encourage people to participatein Day Of Silence 2010. It would be standing for a great cause. I will say that I am in favor for everything to deal with the LGBT. I am even in my schools GSA or Gat/Straight Alliance. Many of my friends in my school are gay, lesbians, and bisexuals and I will stand up for and with them until the very end. I want to be the one to put an end to the discrimination they face. Who will back the LGBT and I?
 
Princess and Prince On: Teen Pregnancy
        Teen pregnancy is a major worry in the world. About 60% of the worlds teenagers come to this consequence. But what makes them get this way? And is it more one persons fault then the others? This is what we will be discussing today with Prince and Princess, ou go-to twins. They will say what they discovered, along with their thoughts.
      Princess Says: Teen pregnancy is something that should scare any teenage girl. Maybe even a teenage boy. Though some teens don’t think about it at first, it could be both their problems. I think that our first problem is the fact that we are teenagers, curious to how we work. Just like small kids, we too must experiment. And what’s a small experiment without a partner? Even if it’s with just a friend, making out, things can get real hot, real fast. Before anyone knows it, both Boy and Girl are naked in bed. And, if the boy didn’t use protection, the girl could get pregnant. It may not even be panned.
               Now, what should a teen do, say that this pregnancy happens? I think that first, the teen should make sure that they are, in fact, pregnant. Then, they should sit their parents down and calmly explain what happened. They could just say, “Mom, Dad, I know that I did something wrong and I was irresponsible. I’m ready to sure any of the consequences that may happen.” If these parents truly love you, they will be considerate and understand. Then the teenager and her parents should come up with plans and ideas. It’s all downhill from there.
 
         Prince Says: For once, Sis is right. Or a tiny bit at least. We teens like to experiment just as much as we like to eat and listen to music. But maybe sex isn’t the safest experiment.   It’s diffidently something a lot of teens do. The only thing is that, because we are still young, to a point, we don’t really understand the consequences. And then, when the girl is pregnant, everyone gets into trouble. And things can get worse.
           I would love to argue with Princess on one thing though. If you told your parents, they would probably get really mad atyou. I know some pregnant teens that got kicked out of their house because of it. Telling your parents would be wrong. The right thing mat be totell an older friend that may be able to help. But that’s just what I think.
 
         Princess is The Twilight Gazette’s go-to sister. She talks about what’s important to the world and to teens. Princess has a brother, Prince, who is the go-to brother to us, though he writes shorter. Princess and Prince are fifteen, and have done plenty of research on what they write about. If you have anything that you may want to be discussed in the “Princess and Prince On:” section, please write on Jasperess Cullens’ page on what it is. Many thanks from the desk and workers of the Twilight Gazette.
Soker Kens’ Music Play List:
     Yo, yo, yo, my people, what is up! Yeah, we all know what time it is. Since this is the first version of the Twilight Gazette, I would just like to introduce myself. My name is Soker Ken. I am Jasperess Cullens’ better, wiser, prettier cousin. I am the one that you want to come to for the Twilight Gazette Top Ten Music List. Here’s how everything works. I tell you what’s hot today, you look it up on youtube or something, and then reply on this page, saying what you thought about the music. This will help me choose the music fo the list. If you have anything in mind, go to Jasperess Cullens’ page and write something out. Tell her the music, she’ll tell me, and I’ll listen to it. If I think it’s good, I may put it on the list. Well, here’s the Top Ten for today! (Not all of them have the artist. Sorry…)
1)    Don’t Trust Me: 3oh!3
2)    Poker Face: Lady Gaga
3)    Womanizer: Brittany Spears
4)    If You Seek Amy: Brittany Spears
5)    Fuego: Cheetah Girls
6)    A La Nanita: Cheetah Girls
7)    Gives You Hell: All American Rejects
8)    Second Chance
9)    Kristy, Are You Okay
10)                   Peach
Well, those are the songs I’ve chosen. Now go out and listen! I’ve chosen these songs for you! Tell me what you think about them.
 
Twilight Gazette Conclusion:
               Thank you for reading the first Twilight Gazette. Any questions or comments, please write on Jasperess Cullens’ page and she’ll answer you when she can.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© 2009 Tai-San


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting- a news aggregrate with an Op/Ed section and music reviews.
Is this daily or weekly?
My only suggestion would be to put in some longer articles or editorials.
Looks like you are having fun!
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 20, 2009

Author

Tai-San
Tai-San

New York



About
I am single and an age. I hate people, but I love them. I get scared very easily and, well, i wont say why. I'm a poet, though i'm bad at it. My best friends are: Wa Ya As The Gothic Cowboy, ATG, .. more..

Writing