The Fury King

The Fury King

A Story by TaichouC9
"

Leeta runs away from her house in a burst of rebellion and finds herself in an unfamiliar place.

"

The Fury king

“I hate you!” cried Leeta.  She ran as fast as she could and slammed her door; her mother yelling behind her and stopping at the tip of the stairs, “Leeta! LEEEETA! LEEEEEEETTAA! Come down this instant we have not finished talking.” Her mother knew not what to do, but follow her to her door.  She calmed herself and knocked softly at the door.

 “Leeta, please let me talk to you. You need to understand there are responsibilities you need to take up,” there was no response. Her mother continued with a soft sigh, “I know you want Nana, but please you can talk to me. Give me a chance"I will be downstairs in my room. I love you.” She walked back to her room and tears welled up, but she held it in. The stinging in her eyes would not go away. “Please show her,” she uttered quietly as she kneeled and read the Good Book on her bedside.

 Leeta poured her tears to her favorite pillow, made by Nana.  Her ears pulsated with every pounding heartbeat. Her face showed expression of deep resentment, with a quivering lip and soft puffed eyes. Her stare was cold and confused.

“Why doesn’t she understand me?  She always tries to make me feel bad. It’s not my fault my teacher gave me bad grades.  It’s because they are both out to get me.” Leeta deeply sighed and sobbed. 

“There is no one in this world which understands me.”  She looked around her room desperately trying to figure out what to do. Many thoughts crossed her mind and sometimes those thoughts scared her, but deep inside she fancied horrible things to spite everyone around her and see if they would miss her.

“Only Nana would know what to do. But she’s not here, and she never will be back.”

Leeta remembered what to do in cases like this. She would find a corner and hug her pillow and recite verses Nana taught her when she was little.

   “Even though I walk through the valley, of the shadow of death,     I will fear no evil..."

This always helped her ease the anger. It was not enough for her anymore, she decided to get away.  

  “Mom will never know. She doesn’t care.”

She opened her window and walked quietly on the roof.  She held tight to her old stained pillow.  She walked close to the branch of sleeping tree. One foot was on the branch. Then the other one, all she needed was to remain balanced. This was not hard for her; she was a gymnast and a good one at that.  She quickly got down to the solid ground without any speculations.  

  She ran across the street into the forest.  She knew the forest as if it was her own room.  But something was odd, there seemed to be a chilling wind piercing her bones.  She leaned on an oak-tree and warmed her arms.

"I should have brought my jacket. Well it’s too late now, there's no turning back, well at least not for me." 

She closed her eyes for a moment and she slept.

 “Look it’s a girl!” exclaimed one voice.

 “Uh-huh, that’s what it looks like,” reassured a softer high pitched voice.

“What should we do? We can’t leave her in the middle of the Wiquet Forest.”

“Wait, I think she is waking up.”

Wiquet Forest

Leeta yawned and stretched before opening her eyes. Her teary eyes made everything look as if were in a haze.  She thought to herself, “How long did I sleep?” She noticed she was not alone but two hovering hummingbird like figures were staring at her deeply.  Still unsure of what she was seeing because of the deceitful eyes after waking up, she rubbed them again and winked twice. They were still there. They were faeries.

 Leeta smiled and even chuckled a bit. She certainly did not believe in such childish fantasies. “I must be dreaming,” she thought.

“Are you okay?” asked the green one. Leeta stared, it was a different kind of fairy; it was not entirely human looking.  It was a ‘he’, at least she assumed for the husky voice which addressed her. Even for his size the voice was sufficiently audible. His hair was as if looking at a dancing green flame. His wings were more of a blur and could only be seen as an after image of a flickering light. He had mixed colors of skin tones. He looked as if made out wood, like a hand carved marionette, different hues of brown and rings at different parts in his body. He was missing an arm, and dressed elegantly with plant like materials.

“You know it’s rude not to answer when somebody is asking you a question?” smiled the pink fairy.

Leeta unsure of what to answer because this whole scene seemed absurd to her, plainly stated with a confused but pleased look, “I’m fine, thank you.”  

 “It’s not safe to stay here. It would be better if we move from the wretched place. Good thing we took the shortcut, huh? Well please miss lets move before the Fury brigade knows there is a human girl around here.”

Leeta not knowing what he was saying kindly retracted while standing, “I think I will head my own way.”

The pink fairy swiftly intercepted her, “You can’t go that way. That way is where the Fury king reigns. Please at least follow us somewhere safe, where you can at least have a place to eat. From there you can move to any direction you want."Leeta growing increasingly annoyed simply walked forward ignoring the faeries reply.    

 “It is extremely dangerous to go that way,” followed the faeries behind her.  But Leeta convinced it was all an illusion, kept walking further into the forest. She could not hear the nagging faeries anymore and she smirked of her triumph. Being too busy thinking about her triumph she failed to notice the slow change in scenery.  The trees were darker and others were starting to decay. She stopped for a moment and whispered under her breath, “I don’t remember this.” Her heart accelerated and her eyes widened.  She looked around her scenery and it perplexed her mind more than what she could understand.  She kept walking trying to find a familiar spot, she could see the trees she once played around with, but they were decomposing or torn apart.

 “When did this happen? It wasn’t like this last year.”

 Her fears heightened by the sound of footsteps rapidly moving around the crackling leaves and twigs.  The rapid movement around tree to tree and shrub to shrub increased, but then it came to stop. Leeta’s breathing increased and cowered letting out little whimpers of despair.  “It’s just my imagination, like the fairies,” she paused briefly and with a shaky tone uttered,

 “Is anyone there?” She stepped closer to a tree and repeated, “Is anyone here, please answer me?

She placed her back upon the tree breathing a little bit easier.

 “It was all my imagination after all.” Out of nervousness she smirked and chuckled.

 She heard some hissing, but ignored it blaming it once more on her expansive imagination.  

“Lookie here, what the wind blew in"hss” a soft voice came from above.

Before Leeta could react she was strongly wrapped to the tree.

“Won’t we be getting a good amount of praise after this? Of course we will, now look at me girl.” It was a snake alright, the soft leathery belly wrapped around her body with thick thorns over the top side of the snake. The yellow demented eyes crossed with a thin black lucrative diamond were looking at his prized treasure.  Leeta frantically trying to break free was overpowered by the tightening of the snake to the tree. He slyly kept looking for her eyes, and when they finally met, Leeta froze and followed his gaze wherever it went. 

 “Good girl.” He released her and without losing her eyesight he slid back.  Leeta followed unwillingly. 

 “Tie her up boy-sss.”

 Some small green and others yellow came behind the bushes with chains and rope.  

 “I guess it’s true what they say about humans, no matter how hard they try, they always end up with the Fury King.”

 A sudden flash came from two directions.  The tiny gnomes frantically ran behind the bushes. The snake losing focus on Leeta, freed her mind from the fear. Being tied and chained she searched recklessly for cover. The snake trying to find out his aggressors laid low and hid underneath the dried leaves and brown pine needles.

 Two flaring lights came from a distance. One was pink, the other was green.

The lights stood close to Leeta and with a firm voice, the pink voice said, “Be free.” And she released a hot pink streak onto Leetas chains and they opened.

 “Now its time for you to do something about this, miss” said the green light. Leeta felt the burden leave, as the chains fell to the ground and cried of gratitude.

 “It’s not over Gos,” the pink fairy pointed out to the oncoming gnomes.  

Gos fluttered for a while and with quick reflexes flew past the oppressing foe.

 

© 2014 TaichouC9


Author's Note

TaichouC9
this is still a very rough draft. I have a hard time where I want to take this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a bit fast paced, and we're still clueless about motivations. I get the sense that Leeta is impetuous, but don't know much else about her...yet. Still, it's interesting enough. :-)

To your question: Well, it's obvious isn't it? Leeta needs to meet the Fury King! Or at least, the readers need to.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
1 Review
Added on December 5, 2014
Last Updated on December 5, 2014
Tags: anger, fairy, gnomes, snakes, hope, rebellion




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5