My Never Ending Fight

My Never Ending Fight

A Poem by Takumoto
"

the dream had no poetic qualities at all but this is how i interpret it.

"

The pain of loss and want to cry is hard enough to fight.
I can no longer stand the sadness of day and the lonliness of night.
I think about her constantly and yet i just try not to mention.
I surround myself with other peoples pitty because i think i love the attention.
For the pass two weeks i was having a dream , progressing more every night.
The dream was about me and some shaded figure, in a never ending fight.
Every night i would wound and get wounded, just to wake up again.
After a while i didnt want to sleep because i knew this fight wouldnt end.
The shaded figure i fought so hard to defeat was gaurding me from her.
I only fought so hard because i loved her ..................... or i loved what we once were.
In my dream she yells at me ,begging and pleading for me not to fight.
But in my arrogance i ignore her because i know what im doing is right.
Im going crazy trying to figure out what this figure is and why it gaurds my love.
And even more i analyzed this battle, trying to figure out what its a symbol of.
During the battle the figure says that the one that i truly love isnt her.
He says "just move on because you know you cant go back to what you once were."
I push the thought to the depths of my mind and attack him with full force.
My anger and confusion meant nothing to him as he struck me with no remorse.
So i finally fall and look up at the sky to notice im losing my sight.
So now angry and confused i can finally end this never ending fight.
I slowly close my eyes and relax my body, accepting my lonely death.
My heart breaks because shes not with me and yet im on my final breath.
The figure stood over me and said you fool, If you'd only open your eyes you'd see.
So i opened my eyes for one last glance to see that the shaded figure .........was me.

 

© 2009 Takumoto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you ended this one. There's a mystery of the shaded figure, and only to reveal that you were seeing yourself hurt in front of your own eyes.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2009

Author

Takumoto
Takumoto

Tulsa, OK



About
I am confusion, dissapointment, and regret. I live this life panting because its tiring to always know what you dont know. more..

Writing