A Silent Heart.

A Silent Heart.

A Story by Tamia123
"

When two people from two different worlds fall in love heartbreak is unaviodable unless one of their hearts stops beating.

"

  Love. Its a curse only the weak and unsupecting should be forced to have put upon them. I am not weak. Why did this happen to me? I look out the window and sigh. Its a new day, I remind myself. But i yearn to just leave this palace. Leave my life behind me and start anew but its not meant to be, I sigh agian. I slowly walk over to my mirror and raise my hand. Who am I? Its the most importent question, and its the only one i can't answer.

   "Autumn." I turn to see the petite figuare of Marie, my maid and only friend, in the doorway.

   " Why are you so upset dear?" All Ican manage is a watery smile. Marie is small but fierce. With her pirecing gold eyesand rosey cheeks she is the apple of everyones eye. I open my mouth to say the words to tell her how I betrayed my own name, but as my mouth moved to make the first sound my mother, the Queen, burst in.

  "Oh Autmn" My mother croons. I can already tell that I'm not going to like what she has to say.

    "My dear , your father and I have decided to unite the crowns." And with those words my fate was sealed forever. A tremor ran through my body as I asked the dreaded question.

    "What do you mean mother?" She smiled her thin lipped smile and crossed the room to stand next to the window. The morning light reflected off her skin like a compliment. Her black eyes shown brightly with her excitment.

     "This silly fight" she said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

     "The fighting between our families, we're going to end it. She walked towards me.

     "With you." She paused in front of me and ran her hand through my thick blach hair. and sighed

     "Your going to marry Derek Chambberlins. The youngest of the Chambridge clain." My blood turned to ice. My heart, had it been beating, would have stopped. I, for once, was completely speechless. Stopped in my own tracks.

     "Why now?" I demanded. Sweat pouring down my face. My mother, the picture of calm and sernity, just fixed her face into a patient smile and kind eyes.

    "What better time then now? We can gain more power and keep a close eye on the Chamberlins! Why its a brilliant time! Just pick a date and a date and a dress my sweet." and with that my mother, in all her glory, swept out of the room leaving me and Marie wide-eyed and dazed. I couldn't move. I was frozen; Rooted in place. I couldn't process it.

     "Well that was-"  But Marie was cut off mid-sentence when a loud rusle of leaves caught our attention. Only one person would be able to be out there. Marie smiled.

     "Go to him." She waved me off, and with one graceful move was out of my room in a blink. I quickly moved to my window and cracked it open. There on the ledge of my window pane was the only person I'd ever love. The only human to come this close of a proximity to a vampire princess. My love; My Chis.

     "Autumn" he sighed. I immediatitly ran into his arms.

     "We have a problem." My voice sounding sad and detached even to my ears. I knew he could sence that something was wrong for his glourious blue-green eyes shown with a concern like no other. All I could do was cling on to him. The words, the words in the air like a suffacating silence, wouldn't relase themselves and set me free. I knew I needed to let him go but the look in his eyes and the aching in my heart wouldn't let me.

     "I need to leave." It always amazed me how much he did know even without having super-natural powers like me, or without even knowing me long. We both knew from the start how this would end but we both chose to ignore it. Now it flowed in the air like a bird in flight. He tilted my face up and slipped me out of his arms. He knew what I needed better then I did. With a kiss to my cold cheek he slipped out the gates and out of my sight. With a power I didn't know I possed I shot off the ground and climbed up the wall to my window and into my room. I could only imagin how i must have looked: Hair in diarray, clothes tattered, face tear-stained. It wasn't even noon and I was ready to jump back in bed and pretend this day nevr happened. I pause as I take in the room. It seems darker, bleaker, and amazingly uninviting. I took one tentive step, then another. Every step I took felt like a shot to my heart. Why does it hurt so much? I felt dead inside. Marie burst inside at that moment. I couldn't have wanted her there less.

    "Go-" But Marie was intenet on getting what she wanted said said.

    "Your parents want you married as soon as possable." I started to panick.

    "When?" I asked afriad of the answer.

    "Tommorow." My legs buckled underneath me. My bed could not have felt more inviting.......

      Slowly I came back into awareness. My fingers could move agian and my body no longer felt like dead weight. I stood up with exagerated slowness to make sure I could still feel the ground. With a speed I did not know I had I ran to my only comfort. My miorror. I ran my fingers through my hair then along the sides of my stone cold face. I'm still here, but how much more I could take is the real question.

      "Ready?" Marie asked. I couldn't even look at her. Many people came in and out of the room: Doing my hair, fixing my make-up, and helping me into my dress, preparing me. It all passed in a blur to me. All the poking and proding and I didn't feel a thing. All I could thing about was HIS voice, his touch. The wounders of emotions and heartaches he gave me.

       "Leave me to prepare myself." and with a  wave of my hand I dismissed all the maids and ladies-in-waiting that were fluttering about my room. I needed to be alone. As they filed outI trudged over to my window. I stared out into the world, my kingdom. Then I looked down. I was hoping that he was there, that dispite it all the trouble in our way I could still see him one more time. But I knew he wouldn't be there before I looked. I just never knew that it could hurt this much. Climbing off the window pane I carefully closed the window and with it, everything I had in me. I smoothed my dressed, raised my head, and walked out of my room and to the church. A swarm of people greeted me the second I set foot in the church. My mother, always the first to demand attention, pushed everyone out of the way and got to me first.

      "My baby." A light shown brightly in her eyes. How bissfully ignorant of my pain she was. Marie was the next to get to me. She smiled, took my hand, and lead me to the door that held the lavish wedding.

      "You can do this." She whispered in my ear before The Wedding March started playing in the room signaling my cue to walk down the isle. They may have been play The Wedding March but as the doors opened and I made my way to my fionce it felt more like a Death March. The vows passed by in a haze and I barely heard when the Minster said:

     "Do you Autumn Sophoria, take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? To have and to hold in sickness and in health?"

     "I-"

     "I UBJECT! I snapped my head to the sound to see my love, my life, storming down the isle towards me. Although I couldn't be happier to see him, I knew this would cost him dearly. But I couldn't help it. I ran into his arms, for the first time in what felt like a lifetime, feeling safe and loved. Thats when it happened. Derek started to grow and growl behind me. Marie flashed in front of me and ripping me out of Chris's arms. Mt father, who was standing in the backround until now, grapped Derek and they both attacked Chris.

     "NO!!!" I was no longer attached to my body. I wasn"t crying from my mouth; I was crying from my soul. But I was too late. Blood dripping from their faces my father and Derek got off Chris's dead body. Derek flashed in front of me took my hand and walked us back to the minester; Over Chris's dead body. I looked down sent a prayer and said

     "I do."

    

© 2012 Tamia123


Author's Note

Tamia123
This is my first story ever! :) Please rate and tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow very interesting and full of emotion, I love it :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it! It reminded me of Romeo and Juliet...I ignored the spelling errors for once :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it so deep riden with emoitions


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2012

Author

Tamia123
Tamia123

Matawan, NJ



About
I love writing more then anything and being able to share it with people has made a huge difference :) more..

Writing
Prolong Prolong

A Chapter by Tamia123


How it started How it started

A Chapter by Tamia123