On a Summer's Eve

On a Summer's Eve

A Story by Serenity

                The thunder rolled outside my window and the lightning flashed, lighting my room up briefly. A spark glimmered in my eyes as I watched from my window, listening to the rain fall across the ground. It was like a soothing lullaby that when I closed my eyes would drift me off to sleep. I strode away from the window leaving it agape and went out to the patio, resting my arms on the metal railing wet with rain. Leaning forward I let my head hang and the rain wash against it. Then I looked up towards the clouded sky the moonlight shining behind the clouds outlining them in the sky. The beauty of it was impeccable, and undeniable. The trees heavy with water began to weep like that off a weeping willow as little droplets clung to their leaves, some sliding off and plummeting towards the ground. I decided that it would be a nice night to take a walk and I headed towards the front door. I took my coat off of the rack and made my way into the hot stormy night. I ran through a field of dying grass now wet and muddy from the storm and made my way towards the old gazebo that stood in the center of the field but barely. It was falling apart and it was easy to tell that half if not all of the wood was either rotted or rotting, but it provided shelter from the rain. I stood their drenching wet and smiling to myself for I couldn't picture any better way to be spending my night than to be outside surrounded by the beauty of nature at it's finest. The rain began to fall even more heavily and I found myself dancing in it and laughing. I danced and laughed and sang all the way to the front door and then I calmly walked inside and took my coat off hanging it up on the rack. It left a small puddle underneath it but I didn't mind because I was too busy already drying myself off. After a quick, warm shower and some hot cocoa and warm pajamas I then sat down at my computer and began to type about the beauty of the world around us and how some of us don't see the beauty that it beholds nor do they enjoy the little pleasures in life that it provides.

© 2012 Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reads like a real life "account". Interesting. Very descriptive and easy to mentally visualize. I've always loved thunderstorms; naturally, they've become typical set pieces in my writing. Thanks for the share.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Serenity

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing my work, I like to get feedback, it helps me a lot. I will try to read some .. read more
Issac Scott

11 Years Ago

Anytime!
This is terrific! I could feel myself there somehow in the sense that I can see myself doint those exact things! lol

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012

Author

Serenity
Serenity

MT



About
Hey im lively yet dark, i can write happy but i usually write sad and morbidly depressing. I Love to read and write, especially poetry. I Love Dark And Tragic Stories. I Am A Hopless Romanic. and Musi.. more..

Writing