Heat of the Fire

Heat of the Fire

A Story by Serenity

I watched as the candle burned, getting dimmer and dimmer with each passing second. Soon it would go out just like it always did. Just like we always do. The flame so hot ceases to burn and slowly dies. Feelings go numb over time and you hope your burns will heal. But what happens when they dont. What happens when you keep getting burnt. What happens when you keep comming back. What do you do when you love the fire but can't handle the heat. When do you learn not to go back? All these questions and they go unanswered. All this Pain, and it goes unhealed. You see the fire everyday, but you keep your distance, cause everytime you get to close, it burns you until eventually its killing you inside. Killing you from the inside out. The fire does not burn your flesh, no. It burns your heart, it burns your soul. Then when they are all burnt out then it devours your mind and body. Until there is nothing left for you to live for. This one flame has destroyed you and who you are. Eventually the flame will become so dim you hardly recognize it, if it doesnt claim you first, if it doesnt devour your very essance. I watched as the candle burned, getting dimmer and dimmer with each passing second, but this time. This time I cried and let my tears burn out the candle. Then I turned my back and stumbled away from all the pain the one candle had wrought me.

© 2011 Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was wonderful Serenity, and like Sandra said you made me feel the pain and grief that came with this story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
your stories make me cry. a great writer can make you feel anything and you made me feel the pain and the grief within this story. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on August 27, 2011

Author

Serenity
Serenity

MT



About
Hey im lively yet dark, i can write happy but i usually write sad and morbidly depressing. I Love to read and write, especially poetry. I Love Dark And Tragic Stories. I Am A Hopless Romanic. and Musi.. more..

Writing